𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟬

♪ Nunca precisei, não pedi que me desses tudo (I never needed, neither did I ask you to give me everything)
Nem quase tudo, eu nunca reclamei (Not even almost everything, I never complained) ♪

September 21st, 2023 - Japan (1 year and 7 months later)

Pierre Gasly POV

"I did it!" I say excitedly as I reach Charles. He was previously walking ahead of me to the media pen on Friday after the first practice, and he seemed surprised.

"You didn't!" He says, still skeptical, and I show him the picture of the new acquisition. "It's happening. Did you ask for help from Julia or Anna? Or both?"

"Both. Anna could meet me there, and Julia was on Facetime the whole time; both approved of the ring," I say proudly, and his smile widens.

"It's gorgeous! She will love it!" Charles says as he tries to contain his excitement.

"Hey!" I hear Esteban's voice, and I hide my phone.

Oh, Esteban is my new teammate; not the best duo, but Alpine is definitely bragging about the French team having two French drivers. I still can't trust him 100%, I can see how he looks at Chloé, and I'm not too fond of it. 

"How are you?" I ask out of politeness, and he smiles.

"Pretty good! When is Chloé coming? Saturday or Sunday? I need to tell her something; I found something she asked me for," he says, and I shrug.

"I have no idea. I think she will be here tomorrow; it's a tough date for her, so maybe you can do it on Sunday. Or I could just give it to her," I contain my curiosity, and he shakes his head.

"I will do it later on then," he says before going to the press conference and I look at Charles..

"What could she need from him?" I ask confusedly, and he shrugs as confused as me.

"I have no idea, but we will find out," he says calmly, and we go do our job.

I did the second practice, went to Alpine's motorhome, had some meetings, and I could finally leave after the plan for the weekend was laid out. I was entering the hotel when I saw Chloé; she turned to me, smiling.

"Hello there, my gorgeous man," she says happily as she hugs me, and I smile before kissing her. 

"I missed you," I say as I rest my forehead on hers, and she nods.

"I missed you too, a whole damn lot. So we can put my suitcase in your room and go to eat something before cuddling all night," she suggests happily, and I nod.

"I will put the suitcase in the room, and you can wait here; there's no need for you to come too. You must be tired of the flight," I say as I take the suitcase from her hand, and she kisses my cheek before I go to the elevator.

I left the suitcase and went to meet her, going hand in hand to a nearby restaurant. We sat down and ordered. She looked at the outside view, and I looked at her; it was the best view life had shown me. No matter how many cities I travel to, how many sunsets and sunrises I've seen, she is the number one place to me. She made all those views worth a thousand times more.

I love this woman with my damn life. That ring is proof of it; I have no doubt she is the one I want for life. I will make her my wife if she wants me to. I held her hand in mine, and I felt something was off; she was happy but distant. Last year, she spent the whole week in a down mood, chocolate, and fast food being her comforts for the week. All I could do was hug her and understand the grief.

This year, she is here after working all week, smiling, communicating, and functioning, but tomorrow might be when reality hits. Tomorrow is the day Anthoine would've turned 27, but he won't. 

"What is your plan for tomorrow? Can I ease the day in anything?" I ask worriedly and she shakes her head. Our dinner was already done with some small talk in the middle.

"I'm fine; Julia and Anna are getting here in the morning. Just treat it as a typical day, but I might stay at the hotel with them. I will go to the paddock on Sunday, though, I will always be there to support you," she says, and I nod happily.

"I am here for you too. By the way, Esteban was looking for you. He had to talk to you, it's about something you asked him, and he found it apparently," I observed her, her reaction being unexpected; she swallowed nervously and gave me a weak smile.

"I will talk to him on Sunday then. Thank you baby," she says once she regains her composure, and I nod as we prepare to leave the restaurant.

We arrive at the hotel, take a quick shower, and go to bed, a movie is put on, and her head is on my chest as I run my hands through her hair, and she looks up at me as we are both almost falling asleep.

"Je t'aime mon trésor (I love you, my treasure)," she whispers, and I kiss her forehead.

"Je t'aime mon coeur (I love you my heart)," I whisper as I hold her tighter.

I just know we fell asleep soon after. I woke up the next day and did my routine before putting on the Alpine shirt, and I saw her waking up and sitting on the bed.

"I will see you later. Enjoy the rest," I say as I lean down to kiss her.

"That color really makes your eyes pop; you look gorgeous in it, babe, so come back soon so I can enjoy it a bit more; maybe I can steal it for myself," she says teasingly and I lick my lips.

"Well, it's a very tempting offer, so I will make sure to bring back one of these for you, autographed by the only one that matters," I joke before I open the door.

"Love you!" She shouts before I close it.

"Love you too!" I shout back, a smile adorning my face. 

She is doing pretty well, which makes me worry about how she will be now. I texted Julia and Anna to ask for any updates and said she was now alone. They immediately told me not to worry and that she was fine, so I believed it.