36. Jello

Silver's point of view

"What do you think dear daughter? Should i do it?" Mother Duchess asked for my opinion about a new business venture she wants to try.

We are on her garden having a stroll. Having a rest day is pretty rare for a busy person like her. I have to get my spear from the shop but i decided to stay and spend the day with Mother.

"If it sparks your interest, i don't see anything wrong with trying it."

One of her subordinates asked her investment for a business they're starting. Mother is quite hesitant but she wants to give it a try because she never had a food centered business before.

The Cross duchy is centered around transportation, mining, construction, and other industrial things, but never about serving food. However talented, one may be, there are certain things they can't be sure to do, and Mother isn't an exception to that.

"Hmm, it's a little interesting, i might try it." Mother smiled at me and looked at the front.

We are now walking out of her garden when we saw two figures walking towards our direction.

"Alexandrea, Jennifer, what are you doing here?" When they get to where we are, Mother immediately asked them.

"Greetings, Mother," both of them said at the same time.

They curtsied in front of Mother, as she smiled at them.

"We are here for a stroll, Mother. I'm sorry that we didn't get any permission before walking in your gardens." Alexandrea, the  older one of the two, answered.

"It's perfectly fine, didn't i say that  you can enjoy the flowers in my garden whenever you want?" Mother held her shoulder, and looked at the other girl.

"Yes, Mother, thank you." They both smiled at Mother and nodded their head.

Even though they are not Mother's biological children, i can feel that she sincerely love them. The affection from the two isn't something small either, they love Mother, but at the same time they keep a considerable distance.

"Ah, i'm with Silver right now." Mother turned to me, motioning for me to step forward.

Unlike Howard whom i met for a couple of times, this is only the second time that i met these two again. Unlike the confused look from before, they are smiling at me with sincerity.

"Greetings, Silver, we've heard so much about you from Mother." Jennifer is the one who talked this time.

"All good things, i hope." I smiled at them a little and glanced at Mother.

"Don't worry, it's all praises about you." Alexandrea answered.

"I'm not talking about her that much. Why are you talking as if  i'm a boastful Mother?" Mother jokingly scolded them both, which made them chuckle.

"Of course, Mother, you're no boastful at all." Alexandrea heard the humor in Mother's words so she also joked around.

"Good that you're both aware of it. Don't mind them Silver, i'm just casually talking about you and that's it." Mother turned to me and reasoned out.

I smirked at her way and only chuckled to myself.

We continued our walk but this time, Alexandrea and Jennifer joined us.

"What do you girls think about about a food business? I'm a little interested in it, but i don't know if anyone in the family will take over it in the future." She's implying that, if anyone of them is interested, she will be willing to start it for them.