Chapter 32 : The Trip Part 3

We arrive at the amusement park entrance and Mr. Kang gets off the bus and walks into a building with Mr. Choi, then they walk back out with papers in their hands. When he gets back on the bus, he hands each of us one of the small papers, which turn out to be tickets.

"This is your ticket into the park and all the rides are free with these tickets. You can ride anything you want, but meet at the restaurant at the front of the park by 6:00 for dinner.

We agree and he lets us off the bus and we make our way into the park.

"Where do you want to go first?" Ari asks our group, only to receive a shrug from everyone else.

"Ohh, Sunoo! Can we go to the gift shop?" Yena asks Sunoo, pointing to the gift shop at the end of the walkway.

"Sure, do you guys want to come along?" Sunoo asks us.

"I want to go get a pretzel from the food stand over there," I say.

"Okay, I'll go with you," Heeseung says. He walks over to me and puts his arm over my shoulder. Sunoo and Ni-ki watch him with an upset look on their faces.

"Uh-" I start to say but I'm interrupted by someone.

"Get your arm off her," Ni-ki says, staring at Heeseung.

"Make me." Ni-ki walks to us and takes Heeseung's hand off my shoulder. Heeseung shoves Ni-ki and Ni-ki does it back, making Heeseung trip on a rock and fall on the ground.

"What was that for?" Heeseung yells and stands back up. Ni-ki ignores him and grabs my hand.

"Ni-ki, where are you taking me?" I ask as he drags me away from the rest of the group. We go behind a building where nobody can see us. "What was-"

"Don't let him touch you anymore."

"Why? He wasn't doing anything, he just put his arm around me," I say.

"He doesn't need to have his arms around you," he says in a low voice.

"Who are you to tell me that, Ni-ki? You don't own me! You don't have a say in what I do! You lost that priviledge when you left me!" I yell. His expression changes and he opens his mouth to say something but I run back to the group before he can say it.

"What was that about?" Ari asks me.

"Nothing, just drama... I'm back now. Do you want to get a pretzel with me?" I ask her.

"Yeah, let's go," she says and we walk with Heeseung, Bahiyyih, and Jungwon to the food stand.

"Did Sunoo and Yena already go to the gift shop?" I ask her.

"Yeah, they left after you walked away with Ni-ki," she says.

"What would you like to order?" The lady behind the counter asks us.

"Uh, five pretzels and five lemonades," I say. She gets the pretzels out and puts them in bags and makes the lemonades for us.

"That'll be $25.56." I hand her the money and we take the food and walk away.

Bahiyyih takes out a $5 bill and hands it to me.

"Here's some money for the pretzel and lemonade," she says politely.

"You don't have to do that, I'm okay with paying for you."

"It's the least I can do. Please, take it," she says, smiling.

"Thank you so much," I say and out it into my wallet.

"Here, for mine, too," Jungwon says. I take his without arguing. Jungwon never listens when I argue anyway so it's no use.

"I'll give you the money later," Ari says.

"It's fine. You'll forget anyways," I say. She laughs and agrees with me.

"Should we go ride that?" Bahiyyih asks and points to a small ride that little kids would usually go on.

"But that's for kids, Bahiyyih. Let's go ride something for adults," Heeseung says. That's the first time he's said anything since what happened with Ni-ki and him earlier.

"We can ride it if she wants to. We don't have to be kids to ride that," I say. Heeseung sighs as we turn to walk towards the ride.

After we get off the ride, Bahiyyih looks exhausted.

"I'm ready to go back to the hotel now..." she says and leans on my shoulder. I check the time and see that it's almost 6:00.

"We should probably head to the restaurant. It's almost 6:00. Then we'll go back to the hotel after," I explain.

"Okay..." she says and we look for the entrance to the park.

"I think it's this way," Jungwon points to the left. I look and it does look like we came from that way. We turn down that direction and the restaurant comes into view.

We walk inside and see Mr. Kang at one of the tables on the right side of the restaurant. He looks up and sees us and gestures for us to come over there.

"Ni-ki's already here. He sat in the corner over there if you want to join him," he says to us.

The group makes their way to his table but I stay back to talk to Mr. Kang.

"Mr. Kang?" I ask. "Why did Ni-ki say he came here early?"

"He said he wasn't feeling well. He said he's tired and just wanted to wait here until dinner so he could rest," he says.

"Oh... okay," I say.

"Is something wrong?" He asks me.

"No, I'm ok."

"Okay, go ahead and wait over there. The rest of the students should be here soon and then we'll order," he says and smiles.

I walk to the corner table with the rest of the group and sit in the empty seat in the middle of Ari and Heeseung. Ni-ki is in front of Ari, in the corner.

Ni-ki looks down the whole time, staring at his phone under the table.

"Are you okay, Ni-ki? You left earlier and never came back," Ari says. He nods, not looking up at all.

After several minutes, Mr. Choi gathers our attention and says that all the groups have arrived, so we can order.

The dinner is somewhat silent due to everyone being tired and ready to go back and sleep, so nothing really eventful happens.

We all load back onto the buses and when we get back to the hotel, we lay straight down in our designated beds.

I can't help but rethink my conversation with Ni-ki earlier. What if I made a mistake snapping at him like that? Maybe he just wanted to protect me from Heeseung. But why would he have to protect me from Heeseung? He hasn't done anything to me... unless you count what happened at the cafe. But... that was just a bad first impression, right?

I drift off to sleep eventually, freeing my mind from these thoughts and allowing myself to relax for the first time in weeks.

(A/N : This is probably killing everyone reading this but I don't care because you have to have ✨patience✨ for good things to happen. But hopefully you're still enjoying this and I hope you have an amazing day/night! <3)