08

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

"My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard!"

$$$$

"You funky little bastard!" You screeched, veering yourself on the couch according to your Mario Kart character. Shoving your elbow at Hitoshi, you chuckled when you heard him choke.

"Don't be a sore loser!" He grumbled, directing his chosen avatar Shy Guy past your's. "Look who's in last place."

"Eijiro, he's totally cheating!" You complained to your brother, who had already crossed the finish line and was currently lounging back with an amused smile. "Stop acting all smug over there!"

The trio of you sat on the couch of your house after the sport's festival, trying to relax yourselves from the stress of school.

Or at least, that's what you were trying to do.

A ring sounded throughout the house, indicating that somebody was at the door. "Eijiro, go get it so I can beat Hitoshi's ass.."

With a deep sigh, your brother left the living area, walking over to the door and opening it. Too focused on the screen, you and Hitoshi didn't even bother looking over to see who it was.

"..Y/N? Shinso..?" You heard Eijiro chirp nervously. "I really think you should pause the game."

"Hey, I'm almost done destroying your sister at Mario Kart, can't we just—?"

"—It's nice to meet you too."

You jumped at the deep voice, finally glancing to the front door. You threw your controller with a small shriek of shock.

Clad in protective bandages and a bouncy DJ hero beside him, Eraser-Head offered the two of you an unimpressed frown.

Both you and Hitoshi scrambled to clean up your mess of wires, pillows, and food scattered all over the place. You skid to a halt in front of Eraser-Head and Present Mic, bowing your head apologetically.

"I'm so sorry for the mess..!" You bowed your head further, bouncing back up with a nervous chuckle. "Wh-What brings you to our lovely home, Eraser-Head?"

Hitoshi finally caught up to your speed, appearing right beside you and bowing his head quickly.

"I like them already," Present Mic cooed, patting your head softly before Eraser-Head scolded him. "What? I still think it's a good idea!"