20

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

"Wassup fuckers!"

$$$$

I can do more than I thought, you mentally declared, trying to resist the urge to squeal in excitement.

"Since when did you have wings...!?" Hawks exclaimed, extravagantly pointing at your bright white feathers. "I swear you—?"

"—Nope!" You quickly interjected. "I've always had wings! Sucks to suck for not realizing that!"

You flashed a bright smile, before turning around and launching into the air, your wings flowing behind you.

Or fake wings, you should say.

As you soared into the air, your excitement multiplied. You were right, earlier. Flying was super cool!"

"Try and catch me, ya' dumb chicken!"

A secret skill you had been developing. The only person you even mentioned it to was Hitoshi, who kept to his word and stayed quiet.

A temporarily solid hallucination.

In this scenario, a pair of fake wings that actually let you fly through the air.

The first time you tinkered with the idea was right after Aizawa and Mic had come to you with the offer of training.

You were rewatching the footage from the sports festival when you realized something from your own match. It was only a few flashes but you saw it. The camera had actually picked up on what you were making Yaoyorozu see! Which didn't make sense in the moment, seeing as your quirk altered the mind of whoever you were focusing on and forced them to see things that weren't actually there, not the surrounding people.

Supposedly of course.

With some help from Hitoshi, you came up with a more accurate analysis.

Yes, your quirk altered the mind of whoever you attacked, but it was more like an imagination of its own. As if atoms themselves were bending backwards to show others what wasn't real, yet solid nonetheless.

After that, you quickly began working on ways to use this new information to your advantage.

"Can't get away from me that easily, kid!"