Hellfire

I blinked and it was break, and me and the boys were heading for the designated freak table. Aka the Hellfire table. Eddie was that there, laughing with Gareth and Jeff, the other two members beside me, the boys and Eddie.

"Shit. He seems really revved up today." Dustin noted.

"He's always revved up." Mike said.

"Just act normal." I said. "For us."

"Normal." Dustin nodded.

"Normal." Mike nodded.

"Normal." I said, walking over and sitting down.

"Society is to blame for everything," Eddie was saying. "We're an easy target. We're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game."

He slammed the table before standing and climbing on, yelling and pacing over the top.

"But as long as you're into band! Or science. Or parties. Or a game where you TOSS BALLS INTO LAUNDRY BASKETS!"

"You want something freak?" Jason called across the canteen.

Eddie made horns with his fingers and hissed, sticking his tongue out. I raised my hand and flipped him off.

Eddie smirked ams walked back over to his seat, still on the table.

"It's forced conforming. That's what killing the kids!" He yelled the last bit and jumped off the table at a random girl.

We all laughed. Eddie gave a small bow and sat back down.

"That's the real monster."

"So uh, speaking of monsters." Dustin said. "Uh... Lucas has to do his, uh, balls in laundry baskets game."

"Because he's a suck up." I added.

"Yeah. So," Dustin laughed nervously. "He's not gonna be able to make it to Hellfire tonight. And I know there's no way we can beat your sadistic campaign without him. So me, Mike and Y/n, we were talking, shooting the shit-"

"He wants you to move Hellfire." I said. "And we told him how dumb that is but he had this whole speech thing going and asked us to talk to you so," I shrugged.

"You need to postpone." Mike blurted.

Everyone else yelled at us we couldn't postpone, except Eddie who just sat in silence. I yelled over them I thought Lucas was an idiot.

"Shut up!" Eddie yelled. "You're saying Sinclair's been taken in by the dark side?"

"Uh, something like that." Mike said.

"Something like that?" Eddie reapeted, throwing something at him.

"Yes." I said. "I also think he's been brainwashed."

"And rather than find a sub for him, you want... you want to postpone The Cult Of Vecna?" Eddie asked.

"He wants to postpone." I said. "We don't. Or I don't at least."

"No we don't either." Mike said quickly. "Its just that, you know, most of the subs will be at the championship game."

Eddie had stood up and had his back to us. He spun around.

"Oh it's the championship game?"

"Apparently." I shrugged.

"Can I level with you?" Eddie asked. He started walking around the table. "Jeff graduates this year. Gareth's got, what? A year and a half? Me? I am army crawling my way towards a D in Mrs. O'Donnell's. If I don't blow her final, I'm gonna walk that stage next month, I'm gonna look Principal Higgins dead in the eye, I'm gonna flip him the brid, I'm gonna snatch that diploma, I'm gonna run like hell outta here."