Two Days Later

You'd think at this point we would have booked a flight back to Indiana, and got a taxi back to Hawkins. But noooooo, we drove back in the fucking Pizza van, which took two days I might add. So, basically, I had spent five days sleeping in that van. Five ficking days of hell. On the very small bright side, three of them were with El. Fun fact, that's the first time I've ever slept with her, because the only time we were close enough for sleepovers, Hopper wouldn't let us. No, nothing happened, besides a shit ton of cuddling. (Looking at you @kaiiwrites)

Anyway, two days later we were back at Hawkins. And oh god oh fuck what the fuck happened Jesus christ what the fuck what happened this time oh god no-

My internal response to getting back to Hawkins.

Half the town was leaving. Trucks literally had entire families crammed into the back. It seems like everyone was desperate to get out. Then in the distance we saw smoke. A shit ton of smoke clouding the entire sky. Helicopters in the sky were approaching, I think some were military.

"Turn on the radio." I said, staring out the window.

Wordlessly, someone did.

"It's been less than forty-eight hours since a 7.4 magnitude earthquake rocked the quaint town of Hawkins, eighty miles outside of Indianapolis, in an event seismolists are calling 'a natural disaster of near unpredictable scale'. The death toll now stands at twenty-two. But with hundreds more filing Roane County hospitals and many more still missing, officials expect those numbers to rise."

In town, almost every house was either abandoned or about to be. The school was filled with people carrying food and blankets and supplies. The town hall was fenced off by police and swarmed with reporters. The building itself was mostly hidden by the smoke that still poured from it, but I could see it was demolished. As we approached, military soldiers waved us away and yelled directions at us. As we passed we saw, curling up the side of the building, slimy black tenticals. The Upside Down. I chewed my lip and slipped my hand into Els. As we passed the church, I saw it absolutely crammed. And a new DIY shitty poster hanging from the window about God and evil.

"This is only the latest tragedy to befall this once safe town. Most recently, a string of high school students were killed in a series of ritualistic murders which have been linked to a local satanic cult know as 'Hellfire'. Eddie Munson, the leader of this cult and prime suspect in the murders, has been missing since the earthquake and is presumed dead. But this offers little comfort to the people of Hawkins, who are scared, angry, and searching for answers. Why their town? What have they done to deserve so much suffering..."

At that point I stopped listening. I took a shaky breath and felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Eddie?"

We went to Mike's. Because when things go to shit we go to Mike's. At Mike's, we found him, Dustin, Nancy, Steve and Robin putting boxes in Steve's car.

We got out and stood infront of the car like superheroes or some shit. Then we broke character and did a lot of hugging.

Jonathan and Nancy had a couple moment and me, the boys and El all crammed into a group hug. We pulled away and I slapped Dustin across the face. Then Mike.

"What the fuck happened?!"

Dustin held up his hands, in self defense or defeat I don't know. "We'll explain everything. Promise."

"It's just a lot." Mike nodded.

"Where's Lucas?" Will asked, starting small.

"He's at the hospital." Dustin said.