Prologue Pt. 1

Malibu, California
2008

Stane: Hold still, you little prick!

Obadiah Stane, in his Iron Monger suit, shoots Tony Stark with a missile, but misses since Tony ripped out his targeting system earlier.

The plan Tony set up was for to buy Pepper Potts some time so that she can overload the arc reactor, frying everything on the roof of Stark Industries.

Originally, Tony told Pepper to wait until he was off the roof, but seeing as he was pinned down and his suit doesn't have enough power and too many systems were damaged, he had no choice but to take a massive risk.

Tony: JUST DO IT!

Pepper: YOU'LL DIE!

Stane shoots another missile and misses, but this time, it was a lot closer, forcing Tony to be holding on with one hand.

Tony: PUSH IT!

Pepper hesitates, but she presses the master bypass relay button to overload the reactor and runs out of the building. The energy from the reactor sends Tony flying and disables Stane's Iron Monger suit as it send a massive blue beam in the sky.

However, the blue beam from the arc reactor created a lightning storm.

Meanwhile

12-year-old Aaron O'Connor was just getting picked up from a friend's house by his parents when they ran into some heavy traffic.

Brian: (honks his car horn) Come on, this is ridiculous!

Aaron: (sighs) California traffic, never lets me down.

Mia: Calm down, boys, I'm sure we'll be home in no time.

Aaron: Mom, it'll be tomorrow afternoon before we get home in this traffic.

Mia: It doesn't look that bad.

Brian: No, it's worse.

Just then, a blue beam shot out into the sky and created a storm.

Almost everyone on the highway, including the O'Connors, got out of their vehicles and looked at the storm above.

Suddenly, lightning hits several areas in the highway, but one of the lightning bolts directly strikes Aaron.

Brian & Mia: AARON!

Pandemonium struck as everyone started running in an attempt to avoid the lighting. Brian picked up Aaron's unconscious body and ushered Mia in front of him.

Brian: Go, go, go!

The O'Connors kept running.

Timeskip

A couple of hours later, The O'Connors made it to West Hills Hospital & Medical Care and Aaron was rushed into the ER.

An hours after that, the doctors told Brian and Mia that Aaron is somehow alive, but he's in a coma, and they're not sure when he'll wake up.