Insight & Casualty

12 hours later
Washington DC

Aaron, Bobbi, and Steve were at the Triskelion. They marched straight into Fury's office to confront him.

Steve: You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?

Fury: I didn't lie, Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours.

Bobbi: Which you didn't feel obliged to share.

Fury: I'm not obliged to do anything.

Steve: Those hostages could've died, Nick.

Fury: (turns to face Steve) I sent the greatest soldier in history, one of the best combatants that S.H.I.E.L.D.'s got, and the fastest man alive to make sure that didn't happen.

Aaron: You know I can't use my speed as part of my training program and my cover, right?

Steve: Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around shooting guns.

Fury: (gets up) Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye.

Aaron scoffs and Bobbi rolls her eyes while Steve just glared at Fury

Fury: Look, I didn't want doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff of comfortable with everything.

Steve: I can't l lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their own.

Fury: It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all.

Aaron: Except you, right?

Fury looked like he was considering something for a few seconds before responding.

Fury: You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that.

Fury gestures Steve, Aaron, and Bobbi to follow him into an elevator.

Fury: Insight bay.

Automated Voice: Captain Rogers, Agent Morse, and Agent O'Connor do not have clearance for Project Insight.

Fury: Director override: Fury, Nicholas J.

Automated Voice: Confirmed.

The elevator began descending.

Steve: You know, they used to play music.

Aaron: They still do, it's just not as common as before.