Vengeance

4 Days Later

It was an hour after Brian's funeral ended. Aaron stood in front of his father's grave, with Bobbi standing next to him.

Bobbi: You don't deserve this. No one does.

Aaron: (nods) Thanks.

???: Mr. O'Connor?

They turn to see George and Ethan walking towards them.

George: I'm detective George Stacy, this is my partner, Ethan Phillips. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Aaron: Thank you.

George: (to Bobbi) Can you give us a minute?

Bobbi: (nods then turns to Aaron) I'll be in the car.

She leaves.

Aaron: Look, I'm not in the mood for an interrogation right-

Ethan: We know you're the Flash, kid.

Aaron: (shocked) W-What? (turns to George) Did Gwen tell you?

George: She didn't tell me. Ethan and I figured it out.

Aaron: (sighs)

Ethan: We won't tell anyone....You did all you could.

Aaron: It wasn't enough.

George: Look, Aaron...This job...We save as many lives as we can. Doesn't always mean everyone. The only thing you can do about it is to move on, otherwise maybe no one gets saved next time.

Aaron nods while still staring at his father's tombstone.

Ethan: We'll leave you alone now.

George and Ethan leave Aaron alone.

Aaron: I'm sorry, Dad, for not being able to save you....And I'm sorry...for what I'm going to do.

He leaves the cemetery.

The next day

Aaron, Jimmy, Gwen, Tony, and Mia were at the living room. Tony was holding a device in his hand.

Tony: These are nanites. They should slow him down long enough for us to capture Phillips. I made a power dampening cell. It's at a Stark Industries warehouse in downtown LA. All we have to do is find him.

Aaron: And make sure he doesn't hurt anyone else. (turns to Jimmy and Tony) Let me know if you find anything.

He leaves the living room and goes upstairs to his bedroom. The others looked at where he went concerned.

Mia: I'll talk to him.

She goes upstairs and goes into Aaron's bedroom. He was leaning against the wall.

Mia: You weren't talking about capturing Phillips, are you?

Aaron doesn't answer.

Mia: You want to kill him, don't you?

Aaron: (scoffs) Of course I want to kill him, Mom! He killed Dad! He wants to kill Gwen! This is the only way that we can make sure that no one goes through what I had to go through!

Mia: You don't mean that.

Aaron: Yes, I do!

Mia: (sighs) You're a lot of things, Aaron, but a killer isn't one of them.