Cooldown & Shock

Timeskip

Natasha, Aaron, and Yelena stopped at a gas station. They got some supplies when Yelena noticed that Aaron got a lot of snacks.

She gave him a look that he noticed.

Aaron: Enhanced metabolism. I can eat a lot more than that and not gain a single pound.

Yelena nods in response before Natasha spoke.

Natasha: If the Red Room is still active, where is it?

Aaron: I don't know, I never got any leads to answer that question.

Yelena: I have no idea, either. It moves location constantly, and every Widow is sedated on entry and exit for maximum security.

Aaron: So even if we capture a Widow and use that gas on her, we won't get anything out of her, since she wouldn't know either.

Yelena: Exactly.

Natasha: I'm still finding it hard to believe that it can stay off my radar. (turns to Aaron) Wait, how did you find out it was still active when I didn't?

Aaron: I found a dead woman's body in LA. She had a contact in New York. I went there, followed some leads that led me to a warehouse there. It was full of dead Widows, and there were small traces of a red synthetic gas.

Natasha: Like the antidote.

Aaron: Exactly. One thing led to another, and I found out that the Red Room was still active. I was looking for its location when we found Rumlow in Lagos. I don't know if Dreykov knew I was looking for him.

Yelena: (sighs) He did.

Aaron: Then why didn't he try to take me out?

Yelena stayed silent for a couple of seconds before answering.

Yelena: He didn't know you were The Flash. Even if he did, it's not smart to attack one Avenger, let alone two, if you want to stay hidden. I mean, the clue's in the name: Derykov kills either of you, one of the big ones comes to avenge you.

Natasha: Wait, what are the big ones?

Yelena: Well, I doubt the god from space has to take an ibuprofen after a fight.

Aaron nods in response. She did have a point.

Yelena: (to Natasha) Where did you think I was this whole time?

Natasha: ... I thought that you got out and living a normal life.

Yelena: And you just never made contact again?

Natasha: Honestly, I thought you didn't want to see me again.

Yelena: HA! Bullshit. You just didn't want your baby sister to tag along whilst you safe the world with the cool kids.

Natasha: You weren't really my sister.

Yelena: And the Avengers aren't really your family.

Aaron: Girls, just stop, okay? It's buried in the past, so keep it that way.

The two stopped talking after that before Yelena changed the subject.

Yelena: (to Yelena) Why do you always do that thing?

Natasha: Do what?

Yelena: That thing you do when you're fighting.

Natasha and Aaron looked at Yelena in confusion, not knowing what she's talking about, so Yelena decides to demonstrate.