Tragedy in Lagos

Lagos, Nigeria
2016

During the year between Sokovia and now, Aaron and Gwen still acted as protectors of Los Angeles while occasionally going on missions with the Avengers.

Aaron had taught Pietro some combat moves, and managed to help him be faster. Unfortunately, Pietro can't phase.

Aaron had spent as mush time as he could investigating the organization that hired those women he found dead in a New York warehouse last year, and discovered that they were Widows who work for the Red Room.

He didn't believe it at first, since Natasha said that she and Clint took down the Red Room as part of her  recruitment to S.H.I.E.L.D., but he couldn't just ignore all the evidence that it's still active, so he was working on taking them down. But there was one problem...

He couldn't find the Red Room.

He decided not to tell Natasha about this discovery, because A) She wouldn't believe him, and B) if she did, she'd go after them by herself, and he couldn't, in good conscience, let her do that, and C) Natasha can be really scary when she's pissed, and he didn't want to get caught in the crossfire of her wrath.

With the Avengers, they found out that Brock Rumlow had somehow survived the Triskelion collapsing on him, and since then, he caused a lot of carnage around the world as Crossbones.

They struggled to find him for 6 months, but they finally managed to find a lead on him in Lagos, Nigeria.

Aaron, Bobbi, Natasha, and Wanda (in civilian clothing) were sitting in a cafe near a police station while Pietro was leaning against the wall nearby.

Sam and Gwen (in her Ghost Spider suit) were on a rooftop while Steve was in an apartment.

Steve: (on comms) Alright, what do you see?

Wanda: (on comms) Standard beat cops, small station, quiet street. It's a good target.

Steve: (on comms) There's an ATM on the south corner, which means...

Bobbi: (into her comms) Cameras.

Steve: (on comms) Both cross streets are one-way?

Wanda: (on comms) So compromised escape routes.

Aaron: (into his comms) Which means Bumlow doesn't care about being seen, and he isn't afraid about making a mess on the way out.

Steve: (on comms) Exactly. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?

Wanda: (on comms) The red one? It's cute.

Natasha: (on comms) It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody, probably us.

Pietro: (on comms) Please, Aaron and I can take it in under a second.

Aaron: (into his comms) Remind me what rule number 2 is?

Pietro: (on comms) (sighs) Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Aaron: (into his comms) Exactly.