Digging Up The Past

(A/N: I changed the Project Insight part so that it would be 4 helicarriers instead of 3)

Aaron waited for Steve near the entrance of the hospital. He was also looking around in case any S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were around.

Thankfully, there weren't any as he saw Steve, who was wearing a blue hoodie and had his hood up, walking towards him.

Aaron: Were you followed?

Steve: No. You?

Aaron: No. Let's get the drive and get out of here.

They walk into the hospital and approached the vending machine, but they saw something that baffled them.

The drive, plus all of the bubble gum that it was hidden behind, were gone?

Aaron: (confused) What?

Suddenly, they saw Natasha and Bobbi through the reflection of the glass, with the former blowing a bubble of gum before popping it and putting it in her mouth.

They turn to face the two women before Steve suddenly grabbed Natasha by the shoulders and pushed her through the door behind them. Aaron and Bobbi followed as Aaron closed the door and Bobbi checked the blinds to make sure that they didn't cause too much noise.

Steve pushed Natasha into a wall before taking off his hood.

Aaron: Cap!

Bobbi: Hey!

Steve: (to Natasha) Where is it?

Natasha: Safe.

Steve: Do better.

Natasha: Where did you get it?

Aaron: Why should we tell you?

Natasha: Fury gave it to you, why?

Steve: What's on it?

Natasha: I don't know.

Steve: Stop lying!

Natasha: I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Steve: (looks around before turning to Natasha) I bet you knew Fury hired those pirates, didn't you?

Natasha: Well, it makes sense, the ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so did you.

Steve: I'm not gonna ask you again.

Natasha: ...I know who killed Fury.

Aaron: (widens his eyes) Wait, what?

Bobbi: I know, just...hear her out.

Natasha: ...Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones that do call him The Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years.

Steve: So, he's a ghost story.

Natasha: 5 years ago, I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control , went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but The Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him...straight through me.