Catching Up & Calm Before The Storm

Aaron and Mia stood still at the doorway, with Mia shocked.

Suddenly, she hugged Aaron tightly as he did the same.

Mia: (tearfully) I missed you.

Aaron: (tearfully) I missed you, too.

They separate and Mia notices Aaron's hairstyle.

Mia: (chuckles) Really? A man-bun?

Aaron: What's wrong with it?

Mia: Nothing. It actually looks good on you.

Aaron chuckles as Mia lets him inside. He takes off his mask and turns back to Mia and notices her leg braces. It looked high-tech.

Aaron: Did Stark give you those?

Mia: The braces? Yeah. He said it was his fault that I ended up paralyzed, and that he was trying to make it right in any way he can. At first, I wanted to say no. I mean, he's the reason I couldn't see my own son anymore. But...In the end, I let him help.

Aaron nods in response. He still resented Tony, but at least he's trying to be better. But Tony still has a long way to go.

Mia: (sighs) I guess you can't stay for long, can you?

Aaron: No. No, I can't.

Mia dropped her head.

Aaron: I just wanted to see you again, because...with what's about to happen, I might not get another chance.

Mia: (confused) What do you mean?

Aaron: (sighs) I uhh...Something's coming. Something big. This time, it's not just the fate of this world at stake, it's that of every world in the universe.

Mia sat in silence as Aaron spoke.

Aaron: This would be the biggest fight of my life, and you know I just can't sit this out, so...I wanted to see you again, in case I don't make it.

Mia started shedding tears as Aaron got up and hugged her tightly, shedding some tears of his own.

Aaron: (tearfully) I love you, Mom.

Mia hugged him back tightly.

Mia: (tearfully) I love you, too.

They stayed in this position for a few minutes, not willing to let each other go. But they knew they had to, so they did.

Aaron: I have to go.

Mia: I know. Tell Bobbi and Gwen I said hi.

Aaron nods before turning away, but he realized what Mia said.

Aaron: Wait, do you know-

Mia: That Gwen is the Ghost Spider? Yeah, she told me, about a week after I recovered.

Aaron nods in response.

Aaron: Hopefully, if I make it...we can hang out for a bit, y'know. Catch up.

Mia: (smiles) I'd like that. Now, go give them hell, Flash.

Aaron smiles before speeding off back to the quinjet.

Natasha: You okay?

Aaron: I am now.

He sits down next to Bobbi, who held his hand, causing him to smile before turning to Bruce.

Aaron: Okay, Bruce. Tell us about what happened.

Timeskip