Making It Worth It

Upstate New York
2023

The three teams returned to the present with all 6 Infinity Stones.

Bruce: Did we get them all?

Rhodey: (smiles) Are you telling me this actually worked?

Pietro: Hell yeah, it did!

He went towards Aaron and dapped him up before pulling him into a brotherly hug. They both did the same with Gwen.

 They both did the same with Gwen

But everyone noticed something.

They were one person short.

They saw Clint on his knees with tears in his eyes.

Bruce: Clint, where's Nat?

Clint stayed silent as he looked at each of them, and that was all they needed to know.

Everyone was shocked to know this.

Natasha Romanoff is dead.

Aaron's knees buckled as he fell to the ground and began crying into his knees. Gwen sees this and hugs Aaron to console him, shedding tears of her own.

Bruce fell to his knees and punched the platform.

Short timeskip

The Avengers were on a dock in a lake just outside the compound, still processing Natasha's death

Aaron and Pietro looked at each other and they both had the same question...

How the fuck are they going to tell Yelena that her sister is dead? How the fuck are they going to tell Melina and Alexei that their daughter is dead?

Aaron, Pietro, Clint, and Gwen were the only Avengers that know about Natasha's family.

Bruce was standing on the edge of the docks.

Tony: Do we know if she had family?

Steve: Yeah, us.

Thor: What?

Everyone was baffled that Thor was asking that question.

Thor: What are you doing?

Tony: I'm just asking him a question.

Thor: No, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the Stones, right? (turns to Steve) As long as we have the Stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit, we're the Avengers, get it together!

Clint: We can't get her back.

Thor looked at Clint in disbelief.

Thor: W-W-What?