Claustrophobia

The Triskelion

Steve and Aaron arrived at the Triskelion and went up to see Pierce.

When they arrived to his office, they saw him conversing with their "neighbor", Agent 13.

Agent 13 turns away from Pierce and walks past Steve and Aaron.

Agent 13: Captain Rogers. Agent O'Connor.

Steve: Neighbor.

Aaron nods in her direction as he and Steve walk towards Pierce

Pierce: Ah, Captain, Agent. I'm Alexander Pierce.

He shakes Steve's hand, then reluctantly shakes Aaron's. Pierce was eying up Aaron while doing so.

Steve: Sir, it's an honor.

Pierce: The honor is mine, Captain. My father served in the 101st. Come in.

Steve and Aaron followed Pierce into his office.

Pierce took out a picture of him and Fury, and began telling a story.

Pierce: That photo was taken 5 years after Nick and I met when I was in the state department in Bogota. ELN rebels took the embassy and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages. Nick was deputy chief in a S.H.I.E.L.D station there, and he comes to
me with a plan. He wants to storm the building through the sewers, and I said "no, we'll negotiate."

While he was telling the story, Pierce grabbed a file and walked towards Aaron and Steve. He took a glance at Aaron, which he noticed.

Aaron: They didn't intend to negotiate, did they?

Pierce: That's right. They didn't, so they put out a kill order. They stormed the basement, and what did they find? They find it empty.

He sits down and gestures the other two to sit down as well, which they did.

Pierce: Nick had ignored my direct order and he carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil. He saved the lives of a dozen political officers, including my daughter.

Steve: So you gave him a promotion.

Pierce: I've never had any cause to regret it.

Steve simply nods.

Pierce: Captain, Agent, why was Nick in your apartment last night?

Aaron: No idea. We just found him there before he got shot.

Pierce: Did either of you it was bugged?

Steve: We did, because Nick told us.

Pierce: Did he tell you that he was the one who bugged it?