Picking Sides

Meanwhile

Back in HQ, Ross was talking to Tony and Natasha about Aaron, Steve, Sam, and Bucky.

Ross: And I don't suppose you have any idea of where they are.

Tony: We will, GSG-9's got the borders covered, recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit, we'll handle it.

Ross: You don't get it, Stark, it's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this.

Natasha: And what happens when the shooting starts? Will you kill Steve Rogers? And why go after a civilian to begin with?

Ross: If we are provoked. And Aaron O'Connor isn't just a civilian. I assume you know what I'm talking about, Ms. Romanoff?

Natasha realized what Ross was talking about, and glared at Tony. That must've been what Tony did to Aaron.

Ross: Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers, and O'Connor assaulted my men when they tried to bring him in. There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math...

Tony: With all due respect, you're not gonna solve this with boys and bullets, Ross. You gotta let us bring him in.

Ross: And how would that end any differently than last time?

Tony: Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed.

Ross: 36 hours. Barnes, Rogers, Wilson, O'Connor!

Tony: Thank you, sir.

Ross leaves the room as Tony began feeling his left arm.

Tony: (sighs) My left arm is numb, is that normal?

Natasha walked up beside him.

Natasha: You know Aaron's gonna resent you, assuming he doesn't already.

Tony: He'll get over it.

Natasha shakes her head, disagreeing with Tony.

Tony: 36 hours, geez!

Natasha: We're seriously understaffed.

Tony: Oh, yeah. It would be great if we had a Hulk right about now. Any shot?

Natasha: (shakes her head) No. You really think he'd be on our side?

Tony figured that Natasha was right. That's when he got an idea. Two, to be exact.

Natasha: I have an idea.

Tony: I got a couple of those. Where's yours?

Natasha: (confused) Downstairs. Where are yours?

Tony smirks

Los Angeles, California

(A/N: Play at 1:23)

Gwen had just finished a regular day in university and walked back home with her headphones in her ears when she noticed an orange Audi R8 parked in front of her apartment building.

She found it weird at first, since the car felt out of place, but didn't think anything of it as she entered the apartment building and got in the elevator.