The Letter From Budapest

Berovo, North Macedonia
2016

Several weeks have passed since the Sokovia Accords and since the Avengers got separated.

During that time, Aaron had managed to remove the tracker in his Flash suit. He did find it amusing to see Ross and a bunch of soldiers march into a busy brothel in Albania looking for The Flash, since that's where Aaron put the tracker and activate it.

He couldn't check up on his friends in LA or even his mother, which always upsets him every time he thinks about it, but Bobbi was always there to comfort him as best as she could.

Speaking of Bobbi, she and Aaron were still going strong. This whole situation they were in made them feel like Bonnie and Clyde, minus all the crimes.

Aaron stopped looking into the Red Room and its location. It's not like he could keep looking, even if he wanted to. It was much simpler when he wasn't a fugitive and he could use his power without risking his freedom and when the world still believed Aaron O'Connor and The Flash were two separate people. Now, it's too risky and ridiculously harder than it already is.

Aaron and Bobbi had entered the apartment they stayed in when they noticed a letter sitting on the table.

Aaron opened the letter and read it.

To AO,
Meet here
We need to talk
-YB

It was followed by an address in Budapest.

Aaron figured that AO were his initials, but he didn't know the other initials.

Aaron: (confused) YB? You know any YB?

Bobbi: Let me see that.

Aaron handed Bobbi the letter as she inspected it.

She saw the initials and the address and had an idea who might have sent it.

Bobbi: I think so.

Aaron: Who?

Bobbi: I might be wrong, but it might Natasha's sister, Yelena.

Aaron: (wide-eyed) Nat has a sister?!

Bobbi: Adoptive sister. The B stands for Belova.

Aaron: Yelena Belova. Got it.

Bobbi: What I don't get is why would she want to meet you? I don't think it's because she's a fan.

Aaron: ...Well, one way to find out.

He grabs his burner phone, but Bobbi stopped him.

Bobbi: Wait, what if this is a trap?

Aaron: Well, I'll never know unless I get there, right?

Bobbi still looked concerned.

Aaron: I'll be fine. You taught me everything you know, right?

Bobbi: Yeah, I know. I'm just worried, that's all.

Aaron: I understand.

He pulled her into a deep kiss, which she reciprocates. They separated but kept their foreheads touching.

Aaron: I promise to be careful.

Bobbi: You better.

He gets his burner phone and calls the only number in his contacts.

Aaron: Mason, it's Aaron.

Mason: (on the phone) Flashy Boy, how may I be of service?