A Fateful Calling

Malibu, California
2012

Jimmy: (on comms) Speeding car on Nordhoff Street. Three goons shooting back at the cops.

Aaron: On my way.

Aaron sped off to find the speeding car chases by a dozen police cruisers. He quickly took the goons out of the car, then pushed him hand on the brake pedal to stop it. He went back to the goons and zip-tied the three of them to a lamp post.

The cops stop and take care of the goons:

Cop: Thanks for the help, Flash.

Aaron: No worries. Just doing what I can.

Jimmy: (on comms) Think I got something. Looks like a bunch of goons jumping a kid.

Aaron: On it. (turns to the cop) Duty calls.

He speeds off to an alleyway to find a five goons, armed with crowbars, pipes, and bats, cornering a kid. Aaron was about to handle them until a woman jumped in and took down two of them with two batons.

She put her two batons together to form a staff and quickly took down the other three.

She turned to the kid to check on him, but Aaron saw one of the goons get up and grab a bat, so he took out the goon before he could swing at the woman.

Aaron: It takes five people to jump a kid?

???: Yeah, some people are assholes.

The woman turned to face Aaron, whose eyes widened when he recognized her.

???: (turns to the kid) Alright, kid, call the cops, tell them what happened.

The kid nodded and ran out of the alley.

Aaron: Bobbi?

Bobbi: Hey, Aaron. Been a while.

(A/N: The suit Bobbi is wearing)

Aaron: Wh-what are you doing here?

Bobbi: I came to see you.

Aaron: (eyes her suspiciously) Something tells me you're not here just to hang out with me.

Bobbi: Yeah. Let's talk somewhere else.

Aaron: Okay.

He walks to Bobbi and holds the back of her neck.

Bobbi: (confused) What are you doing?

Aaron: I'm holding your neck so you don't get whiplash.

Bobbi: (confused) What?

Aaron: (leans closer to Bobbi's ear) Whiiiiplaaaaash.