Party Gone Wrong

New York

The Avengers have arrived at Stark Tower, now remodeled as the Avengers Tower after the Battle of New York.

The quinjet has landed on the landing platform.

As soon as the ramp opened, Clint was rushed to the infirmary by Natasha, Bobbi, Dr. Helen Cho and her medical team. Maria Hill approached Tony, Steve, and Aaron, who were still in the quinjet as Thor carried the scepter out.

Hill: (to Tony) Lab's all set up, boss.

Tony: (points to Steve) Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler. (gestures to Aaron) I still don't know why Speedy Gonzales here still goes with the suit S.H.I.E.L.D. made him.

Aaron: Uh, because it looks cool, and it's practical. (turns to Hill) What's the word on Strucker?

Hill: NATO's got him.

Steve: And the two Enhanced?

Hill: (hands Steve a tablet) Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, twins.

The video on the tablet showed a younger Pietro and Wanda protesting.

Hill: Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building.

Aaron: Jesus...

Steve, Aaron, and Hill exit the quinjet and walked inside the Tower.

Hill: Yeah. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on its way to everywhere special.

Steve: Their abilities?

Hill: He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation.

The three stop at an elevator as Steve turns to Hill confused, having no idea what she just said.

Aaron: He's a speedster like me, she can move stuff with her mind and mess with everyone else's.

Steve: (hands Hill back the tablet) well, they're gonna show up again.

Hill: Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments.

The elevator door opened and Steve and Aaron walked inside.

Aaron: That's crazy.

Steve: Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?

Aaron didn't know whether Steve was referring to himself or Johann Schmidt aka The Red Skull, since they were both experimented on by Dr. Abraham Erskine, a German scientist who created the Super Soldier serum. But he decided not to ask.

Hill: We're not at war, Captain.

Steve: They are.

The elevator door closes as Aaron decides to head down to the lab.

Short timeskip

Tony, Bruce, Bobbi, and Natasha were at the infirmary while Helen works on getting Clint healed.

Aaron exits the elevator and meets Tony and Bruce.

Aaron: How's Clint doing?

Tony: Unfortunately, he's still Barton.

Aaron: Yeesh. That bad, huh?

Tony: He's fine, he's just thirsty.

He walks into the lab and towards the scepter.