Backup & Heartbreak

The next morning, Aaron was making pancakes for himself and Gwen. His parents had to go to work and Gwen was still asleep.

He had just finished with the pancakes when he heard footsteps. He looked up to see Gwen.

Aaron: Morning.

Gwen: Morning, Aaron.

She notices the sheer amount of pancakes on Aaron's plate.

Gwen: What's with the Kilimanjaro of pancakes you got?

Aaron: Hm? (looks at his plates) Oh, right. I have to eat a crap ton of calories a day, otherwise I'd die of malnutrition.

Gwen: Because you'll just burn it all off, right?

Aaron: Right. I made some for you too, if you want.

Gwen: Thanks.

She sits down and starts eating with Aaron.

Gwen: If you don't mind me asking, how'd you get your powers?

Aaron: Remember the arc reactor explosion 5 years ago?

Gwen: (nods)

Aaron: The energy from it created some kind of lightning storm. I was struck by lightning from it. ended up in a coma for nine months.

Gwen: Oh, sorry.

Aaron: It's okay. A lot of good came out of that.

Gwen: Alright...What's Jimmy like?

Aaron: Jimmy? Well, he's a good friend, always willing to help. Probably a bigger nerd than I am, and I'm a massive nerd.

Gwen: (chuckles) I'll take your word for it.

Just then, they heard the doorbell ring. Aaron walked to the door and opened it to find Jimmy.

Jimmy: What's up?

Aaron: Nothing. What's up with you?

Jimmy: Nothing. (turns to Gwen) Morning, Gwen.

Gwen: Hey, Jimmy.

Before they can continue, they heard a car approach them. They turn to see a silver Audi R8 park in front of his house.

 They turn to see a silver Audi R8 park in front of his house

Aaron: (chuckles) Right on time.

The car door opens, and Tony Stark gets out of the car and takes off his sunglasses.