¨°nine°¨

ᵉᵈⁱᵗᵉᵈ

Not able to control himself, his legs trembled underneath the counter from the bar they were sitting at. He swayed on his stool, which could rotate, and then started to tap a rhythm with his fingers against his Martini glass, and that seemed to be the breaking point.

"Hyung~, really?" A nudge of the elbow snapped Hyunjin out of his daze and looked  to his left where Felix sat with his longdrink. The younger stirred his drink with a straw and looked expectantly at his friend who seemed to be off the whole evening.

They met at the same Brownie Bar they went with Minho, only this time in the evening with some well deserved alcohol instead of coffee. Well, that was not completely true, the caffeine addict to Felix's right ordered an Espresso Martini and was chugging it down as we speak.

"What's bothering you? I love that we hang out on a random Wednesday evening but there is clearly a reason behind it—besides you wanting to make it up to me." Felix leaned a little closer to the tall blond so his shoulder could rest against the other and made it possible for them to talk comfortably without raising their voices above the club music.

Hyunjin felt a moment of doubt, not sure if to tell his friend about what was bothering him. It had nothing to do with not trusting him, no, he trust him blindly, it had more to do that he didn't trust himself and the feelings that went with it. He had trouble naming those feelings which led to him being extremely fidgety to the point Felix started to notice.

The following silence actually made Felix worried and expressed this by laying his hand on Hyunjin's and gently squeezed it. The artist snapped his head to their hands laying on top of each other, and then looked up to the freckled face with widened eyes.

"Jinnie.. I'm getting worried, please talk." Another squeeze.

"Sorry, long day.. I'm not the best company am I?" Hyunjin forced a smile out of habit but he knew he couldn't fool his friend.

"Really, this it the path you're going to take? Hyung, stop beating around the bush and just spill it. You're probably making it far worse than it is."

"Yeah maybe you're right.." Hyunjin took the last sip of his now empty glass in the hope intoxication would help him continue. "—I have this weird feeling lately and I'm not sure how to name it or take care of it."

The dark eyes of Felix were taking in every inch of Hyunjin's face to see if he could find an answer for the other. But there was nothing much than fatigue and worry displayed all over his face.

"Feeling? Like pain? Are you hurting somewhere?"

"No, no, not in a physical way, that I know of. More like a weird twist in my stomach that only seems to get worse by the day."

It was silent for a moment. Felix seemed to think the other's words through while Hyunjin stared at his new alcoholic drink. The brown liquid swirled in the triangular shaped glass as he moved it over the countertop.

"For how long?" was the awaited question. Their eyes met again.

"Hmm, thinking now of it the feeling has been lingering for some time now. Back then, I thought it were just stomachaches or stress because I have had some big projects, you know. But now, I'm not quite sure anymore if that was the actual reason. The projects are over, now only working on smaller things which I truly enjoy, but the feeling never faded, maybe even gotten worse."

The rambling was put to a halt by gulping more alcohol into his system. That ecstatic feeling of the upcoming buzz was slowly taking over, easing the weird knot in the pit of his stomach.