¨°sixteen°¨

Monday came quicker than expected. After their out-of-the-blue confession, Hyunjin went back home that Saturday afternoon to his own apartment. He had facepalmed his way home until his forehead burned red. Hyunjin felt so out of place at Minho's door when the brunet was seeing him out. He even gave an awkward bow when Minho simultaneously leaned in. They bummed heads and that's when the blond vanished from the doorway, out of the apartment complex, almost running home.

The whole Sunday he spent in his art studio painting, letting himself reflect on the new situation. Or maybe he tried to forget.

"You're here!" Hyunjin snaps out of his thoughts when hearing his friend's usual low voice spike up with excitement. Felix walks through the set, looking extra handsome in his silken wine-red dress shirt and black slacks. His blond hair is gelled back with a few loose strands framing his face.

Today is the video shoot of a female singer and Felix plays her counterpart. He worked on perfecting his dancing for weeks now, and the nervousness his visible underneath his radiant smile.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world. You look great. Are you ready?" A reassuring hand is placed on Felix's shoulder and gets a gentle squeeze. Hyunjin feels his shorter friend try to loosen its tension under his touch.

"I feel like I ate dirt, and it's now molding into clay.. my tummy hurts."

Felix portraying himself as the cutest friend ever makes Hyunjin smile deeply. It makes him forget his own worries for a moment and pats the shoulder of his friend.

"Don't worry, you'll do great, you always do. It's normal to be a little nervous before shooting." Hyunjin eyes leave Felix's for a moment and scans the room, then flicks them back. "But maybe you need some more moral support."

Felix wants to ask what he means by that, but gets interrupted by another voice he knows all too well.

"Lixie!" With a turn on the heels of his shoes, Felix faces one of his closest friends.

"Hyung!" His spiraling nerves almost made his voice turn into a sob. "What are you doing here?" Muffled against the muscular pecks of his friend, he hugs Changbin in a deathening grip.

"Why so surprised? I know how important today is, so I cleared my schedule."

Felix is forgetting his makeup and nuzzles deeper into the sweater that smells of his friend. The last bits of his tension washes off his shoulders and smiles for no one to see.

"Thank you, both, it means a lot to me."

Changbin answers by tightening the hug around Felix his small frame and places a sweet peck on one of the many freckles on the side of Felix's forehead.

"Lee Felix!"

"That's my cue, wish me luck!" Felix let's go of his well-built friend and waves with a big smile. Changbin gives an encouraging slap on the bum, and Hyunjin just smiles and waves back.

"Thank you for letting me know," Changbin says, his eyes still following Felix to the set. He plops down on a brown leather sofa. "It has been a hectic Sunday, last minute things, which I hate, so I missed the notification on my phone. I would have never forgiven myself if I missed this. He's always so passionate when he talks about this day, it's a big step for his career."

Hyunjin settles down next to his friend, spreading his legs to get more comfortable. "No problem, really, I know how much Felix looks up to you. You lifted off his last nerves just by showing up, so I should thank you." The tall blond grabs his phone and presses on record. "-He's really good, he should rely on himself more."

Changbin just nods and keeps his gaze on the dancing form of Felix. The swift moves around the female singer are a sight to be seen, almost hypnotizing. He's not aware how much time is passing by just by watching the other dance, until the music finally stops and Felix walks towards them with a sweaty smile.