¨°twenty-seven°¨

~There will be some inappropriate and non-consent stuff~

Back in school, Minho was one of the top students. He was especially good with numbers. So math is like a walk in the park for him. But with this math equation right now, even a toddler will know the answer right away.

He is a little over an hour from Seoul, from Hyunjin, and just turned on the other side of highway going past the maximum speed limit. And Hyunjin is at home with Taecyeon with no minute to spare. So the answer is no. No, he cannot make it in time. And that's why he calls Jeongin back while pulverizing his molars and a vein pulsing on his forehead.

"Please don't ask any questions and do as I say," Minho immediately speaks, not wasting any time. Very delicate time. "Call Chan or Changbin. Hack, call the whole damn squad and go to Hyunjin's place. There's this dude threatening Hyunjin and I want the guy out of there, preferably an hour ago. I'm on my way back as we speak, but it will take me too long to get there in time. So please call them. And keep me posted."

There is a short silence, Jeongin is processing each and every word, and then with a firm "okay" he hangs up. Minho lets out a pent up breath and feels how a headache is taking over his head like a thundering dark cloud.

Sending their friends to Hyunjin and that sociopath is the same as outing in front of them. He promised to the artist that what is going on between them stays between them for as long as needed. For as long until Hyunjin feels comfortabel to show and tell his friends that he and Minho are more than just friends. And right now, the brunet has violated that promise. Their friends are far from dumb, they can read the room. But right now, Minho can only think of getting Hyunjin safe. The outcome is something they can deal with later.

Minho's right foot pushes deeper on the accelerator.

"Please be okay. Please, be okay."

¨°°°¨

The clock on the wall above the sofa ticks to fifteen minutes past eleven. Hyunjin isn't planning to leave the kitchen any time soon, his hand still clutched on the knob of the drawer-it's keeping him on his feet. His knees wobble as he takes a peek at the invasive man relaxed as ever sitting in his chair. He'll definitively burn that thing afterwards. There's even a murderous thought of burning it while Taecyeon is still on it, but flees his mind right after when the dark eyes of the guy meet his.

"Why so far away? Come, take a seat, let's talk."

"I'm fine," the blond mutters, his eyes quickly redirecting to his white socks. His little toe is sticking out, and it needs his upmost attention.

"Can I have some water then?" Hyunjin keeps quiet. He can't remember the last time he has been this scared. There has been horror movie jump scared, or the phone fell face forward scared, but nothing like this. He seems to be the star in one of those thrillers Minho loves to watch.

God, Minho, I'm so sorry.

"You're not the best host, I must say." Yeah, he's definitely scared when he feels his heart trying to rip himself out of its chest. Like the darkness Taecyeon is, he moved like a freaking shadow in front of Hyunjin. The artist was too zoned out to notice him creeping up to him. And now he's trapped between the wall, the kitchen island and him. The knob of the drawer will be ripped off any minute now-Hyunjin is holding onto it for dear life like it's his life line.

He can feel the menacing eyes of the man burning on his face. Nothing more than a foot away from him, he smells the cologne, wrapping around Hyunjin in a suffocating grip. Do not look. Don't smell. Just do nothing. If he could play dead like in the animal world, then that would be the first thing he would have done. But now he tries to hide behind his blond hair that has escaped from his pigtail and fallen in front of his eyes.