Chapter 29: Viva la Volterra

(Lily's POV)

We had been in Volterra for almost three days and I was already tired of being here. I knew they missed me but I couldn't have one second to be alone with Edward. Not even when I was going to sleep. I'm sleeping! Why do you need to sit there with me? They never done that before as far as I could remember. I know Edward kinda does the same thing but he does it so his face is the last one I see before I sleep and the first one when I wake up. I was starting to regret not staying in a hotel. I did want to spend time with everyone though. It made me feel bad and the voices louder again. As I woke up this morning, I could hear them whispering in the back of my head. I quickly shielded my thoughts so Edward couldn't hear them.

"Alec. Get Alec!" Felix quickly left to go find Alec. Edward scooped me up worried. I sighed. I needed to send him away. I just needed Alec. "Do me a favor Eddie. Take Tanya and Jane with you out today. Tanya needs to warm up more with Jane and Alec and since I'm going to be with Alec, she can spend time with Jane."

"Are you sure?" He didn't want to leave me since I seemed in distress. I nodded and smiled at him. Give me a reason to miss you. It doesn't hurt me to miss you Eddie. It makes me appreciate our time together more. "Alright love. I'll be back in the afternoon just after your lunch. Maybe sooner if things don't work out to well." I nodded at him and texted Jane of what she will be doing today.

"Princess, I've brought Alec." I waved Felix away and reached for Alec. Edward handed me to him after giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Bye Eddie. Have a good day." I said waving at him while I leaned on Alec's shoulder. He waved and then left to find Jane and Tanya. For fifteen minutes Alec stood there holding me in silence.

"You haven't told him." It wasn't a question or accusation. It was a statement of a fact. I shook my head. After another few minutes of silence, we left my room. He walked the halls for an hour holding me before stopping to get me a sippy cup of blood. Then we went around the halls again for two more hours, stopping every once in a while for me to use the toilet. Lastly, we went to my garden. I enchanted it before I left so it wouldn't need much tending to. He walked us around, stopping at every plant so I could greet them all. Once that was done, that took another two hours, we went to the dining hall where my lunch was laid out. That's when I noticed that we hadn't run into a single person this whole time.

"Where is everyone Alec?"

"I sent them to distract the brothers. Do you require someone?"

"No. I just realized how quiet it has been. Even the voices have become silent. Thank you." He looked at me with curiosity in his eyes but nodded towards my food. Today's menu was a sippy cup of blood, fruit salad, a tuna sandwich on butter bread, and a pudding cup. I pushed the tuna sandwich away and started eating the fruit salad. I wasn't in the mood for tuna. Alec made a mental note to pass on the Renata later. I was almost finished with everything else when Jane came in with Edward. I was sipping on my cup of blood. They both looked mentally drained. "How was your outing?" They both took a deep breath and sighed. I read both of their minds and saw that Tanya had been resilient to trying to bond with Jane. Not that it was very surprising. I frowned.

"It's okay love. We knew how she felt about this and how stubborn she'd be." I shook my head and pulled out my phone. Me, Tanya, Jane, and Alec are going out tomorrow and she is going to see that they aren't that bad. "What are you doing?"

"Making plans for us to go to a park within the city tomorrow. Unfortunately without you again Eddie. I should have sent you to bond with someone else instead of Jane and Tanya."

"With all due respect Princess, I prefer your Edward over Tanya. If not for you, she would have been ended for her disrespect." I nodded at Jane. She and Alec went through a lot of mistreatment in their human lives so this rubs her the wrong way. I don't care if Tanya likes them or not and neither do they. But what I want is for her to stop insulting them and me. After planning our day in the park tomorrow, I let Edward pick me up. "You'll be going out with Felix and Demetri. You should be able to get along with them. They are similar to Jasper and Emmett when they warm up to someone."