Chapter 27: Cullen Family Christmas (Part 1)

(Lily's POV)

It was two days before Christmas and I was walking around the mall with James, his mommy, and his momma. I had spent the night over their house the past week while everyone was busy decorating the house for Christmas. It was suppose to be a surprise for me. I was going to get all the gifts today since I was getting picked up today and I knew that no one would know what they were getting. "Lily sweetheart. Are you sure your family isn't going to be mad at you spending all this money on gifts?"

"Of course they won't for a few different reasons. Alice spends more money than I am doing right now. Also, the money I'm spending is mine. I have my own money and bank account. I invested in the stock market." They looked at me with confusion clear in their eyes. His mommy whispered to his momma to text Esme just to be sure. They trusted me since I was a really good kid but they weren't use to someone who shops like this.

"Lily. Your mom said to remember that Alice is also Christmas shopping for everyone and that you two shouldn't compete to see who gets the most gifts." I nodded knowing I need to watch myself.

"So are you going back to Italy for Christmas? Or are they coming here?" I pondered James' question for a bit, not knowing what the answer was.

"I don't know honestly. I should probably ask everyone when I get home. I would love to see great-grandpa Marcus and great-grandpa Aro and great-uncle Caius. Oh and aunty Jane and uncle Alec!" Honestly I wanna see them all but that would be way too many vampires in Forks. There would be too much trouble trying to hide our existence. While I let those thoughts linger in the back of my mind, I came up with an escape plan. I needed to find some gifts for my human friends here in Forks without James and his mom's seeing them. "Um." James and his mom's looked at me. "I need to use the restroom." James blushed while his mom's smiled.

"I'll take her Violet. How about you and James go wait for us at the food court and we'll take a lunch break after we return."

"Sounds good hun. Come on James." James took my wagon as me and his mommy went to the public restroom. I walked into the family restroom since it would give me privacy.

"Do you need me to come in there with you Lily?"

"No. I'm good. I'll try not to take long." She nodded and I closed the door. I had recently started practicing a replication spell so I can clone myself when necessary. I recited the incantation and a second me appeared, perfectly solid. "I need you to go with James and his mom's for me to lunch. I gotta go grab them gifts. I'll come find you before long and resume my place. Any questions?"

"No Princess." She sounded like me, just not with all of my speech manurisms. I'll work on that later. I sent her out the restroom and waited a couple minutes before leaving myself. It didn't take me long to find perfect gifts for everyone. I texted Alice to see if someone could meet us at the mall and make it seem coincidental that they were there. She said she would send Emmett and Jasper. I waited for them outside the food court and once they were there, put my plan into action. I wistled and my clone looked in my direction. "Run over here." I whispered at her. She did a slight nod and got up from the table to run towards Emmett and Jasper with me hiding behind their legs. As soon as she was out of sight, I released the spell and she vanished with me hugging Jasper's leg.

"Lily!" James' momma ran after my clone but wasn't able to keep up. Once she saw me with Emmett and Jasper, she calmed down. "Next time just tell us you see your brothers. You scared us." Now I see why she got distracted a moment ago. She must've noticed them when they came close. I looked at her as bashfully as I could.

"I'm sorry. I was just excited to see them. I did miss them a little bit." Emmett grinned down at me.

"Only a little bit? It seems like you only missed Jasper so far. Where's my hug?" I smiled at him and gave him a hug too. I really did miss them both. I knew Emmett was just messing with me but I felt a tinge in my heart at his words. I wonder if our whole family felt like that a little. I did spend a lot of time with Edward. Did I give everyone else enough quality time with me? I didn't want anyone to feel left out. Lost deep in my thoughts, I snapped out of them when someone started picking me up. It was Jasper.