Chapter 2: A Night To Remeber

(Lily's POV)

          I was taking a bubble bath when Jane told me my clothes were laid out on my bed. I'm special. I can sleep. Aro basically lets me do what I want. As I got dressed, I thought about my earlier vision. I saw an older vampire. I knew he was what everyone would call my mate. I loved him. "Time to go Princess."

          "Okay. I'll Be right out Jane." I grabbed my bunny bag that I got a year ago and left. Jane walked me to the exit. We walked in silence. When we got to the door, she gave me a hug. I loved Jane and her twin brother Alec. People call them mean names like the devil twins or Abbadon and Azreal. They can't be those two because that would be incest. That's nasty.

          "Be safe. No flashing your fangs at people. And keep your phone on at all times. Also don't leave such a big mess like last time. Five or six humans. No more. Understood?" I rolled my eyes. One mistake and it's the end of the world.

          "Okay. Love you aunty Jane. Bye." And with that, I took off to the forest. I have noticeable fangs so I have to watch how I smile. I'm also faster than a normal vampire. I ran all the way to the edge of the forest and started to slow down to a human child pace. As I walked down the street, I decided to go get a new ipod. Uncle Alec broke my last one. I could also see if my specially ordered iPad was at the store yet. I was going through my e-mails when I bumped into something hard. I fell. "Ouch!" I rubbed my forehead. When I looked up, I saw two pairs of gold eyes staring right back at me.

          "We're so sorry. Are you okay little girl? Where's your mom or dad?" The pixie like girl was the one talking to me. The other guy looked confused. I wonder what his problem was.

          "I'm okay. I don't have a mommy or daddy." As I talked, I forgot all about my fangs. I was feeling unusually calm. I thought that I could only do that to other people. I touched the man's hand to get some answers. His name is Jasper. The pixie is Alice, his mate. They are vegetarian vampires. So these are the illustrious Cullen's. Or at least two of them.

          "Um. Where did you get that crest?" Alice pointed to my pin. I Froze. I totally forgot about it. I lost my control a little bit and zapped Jasper. He fell down.

          "I'm so sorry Jasper! I didn't mean to......" I stopped quickly. They never introduced themselves to me. I ran away.

          "Wait!" Alice called out for me but I didn't stop. I kept running until I got to the store. I went in like nothing was wrong. I just hope that I didn't hurt Jasper.

(Alice's POV)

          After the little girl ran out of sight, I helped Jasper back up. "How did she know my name? I've never seen that little girl in my entire life."

          "I don't know but she was wearing a cloak with the Volturi crest. This is bad. She has real fangs!" I was in panic mode. I wasn't sure what to do. But there was something that I wanted to know.

          "Could you see her? I mean, did you see her coming?"

          "No. I didn't. Jazz, what exactly did she do to you?" I wanted to confirm my suspicions before I call Carlisle.

          "She electrocuted me. Like what happened the time me and Emmett scared Kate and I touched her arm by accident." I nodded and pulled out my phone to call Carlisle.

          "Alice?"

          "Carlisle. We have a problem."

(Lily's POV)

          After I left the store with my new iPad and iPod, I went into a dark alley. It was a short cut to my favorite spot in the forest. I was aware that a group of humans were following me. Based on their thoughts, they are all men. I was thirsty. When we got to my tree, I did what uncle Alec showed me. I took away their sight and ability to hear and move. I had a good feast. I just forgot the most important rule. I forgot to make sure I was alone. Instead of me finding my love, he found me. My mate, Edward Cullen.

(Edward's POV)

          I was walking through the park when Alice sent me a very alarming text message.

Edward. Please be aware. The Volturi have a human child on the loose. She has strange abilities. She has a very slow heartbeat. She has long, pink hair; a black and red cloak; and the Volturi crest! Be careful.

                                                                                                           ~Alice

          I walked deeper into the park where I wouldn't be seen. When I was out of the eye sight range, I ran. While I was running, I caught the scent of human blood. I also heard five heartbeats. One of them was really slow. The only reason I had been in the park was to get away from Alice and Jasper and let them have a little alone time. Now I'm going to try to stop some vampire from feeding on Volturi land.

          So you can imagine my shock when I saw a pink haired 5 year old pulling her fangs out of the last of the guys throats. Her fangs slowly shrank in a little. I took a step forward feeling this weird pull towards her and she turned around. When our eyes met, I knew that she was my mate. She was the one for me. She stepped forward but something seemed to click in her mind. My green eyed goddess ran away. I ran after her just like in Alice's vision. I caught up to her enough so I could see her. At first I couldn't hear her thoughts. When she let her shield down, I heard almost everything.

          'Oh no. Why now? Great-grandpa Aro will most likely kill him. I love him though. What should I do? Maybe I could convince Aro to let me live with them for a few years. I need time to think.'

          I was happy to know that she loved me as well. But what with the title she gave Aro? She pulled out an iPhone and made a phone call.

          "Hello."

          "Jane! Meet me at the door. I finished all the errands I could run tonight."

          "Alright princess." She put her phone away. She wrote something real quick and stuck it in a tree. When I got to the tree, I stopped. It was a note addressed to me. How did she know my name? I read it.

Edward. Please meet me in the forest at my tree. The one you found me at. I wish to talk to you. Don't tell anyone. I will take care of Alice's visions. I make her visions blurry when I keep my shield up. Make an excuse for tomorrow at noon. Goodnight, my prince.                                     

                                                                                                                                     ~Lily

          I went to her tree only to find the body's cleared away. I sniffed the air and knew that a Volturi member had just cleaned up. I just hope that they didn't smell or see me.