Chapter 20: First Sleepover Fiasco

(Lily's POV)

It's been a while since the first day of school and while me and Victoria still don't get along due to her possessive nature, we sometimes get along even though she was still a nuisance to me. One day she put paint in my pillow so it would get on my face but since I knew it was there, I used magic to remove it as I laid down on it. She was furious that I didn't have a blotchy paint stain on my face. She couldn't say anything because she would get in trouble for misuse of the art supplies. Such a pain.

Either way tonight was special. I was hosting my first sleepover! I invited James, Victoria, Laurent, and this girl named Kavina over to the house. Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett are leaving for the weekend for a hunting trip. Edward hunted last night close by so he wouldn't be going along with the others. Carlisle had to pull a few extra shifts at the hospital because one of the other doctors had been in an accident. So that would just leave mostly us kids. Esme was excited to be cooking for so many others. I sometimes wonder why she just doesn't run her own catering company. It would be worth it so she can happily cook for others.

"It's because she wants to cook without charging people. As much as she has thought about that idea, she hasn't become comfortable with the idea of charging people to eat. That's also why she cooks extra food and then brings the food to shelters. It makes her feel good when she knows that someone was able to enjoy her food because she made it possible for them to eat it. Not because someone made a reservation to eat her food."

"Okay. Makes since when you put it like that Eddie. Anyway, are you ready for my very first slumber party?" He nodded.

"I'm surprised James and Laurent agreed to come. Don't you have any other female friends?"

"For starters, Victoria is not my friend. She is just someone who I had to invite because I was going to invite James and I don't want her to start thinking I like James again. So I invited her after I invited Kavina and then invited James and Laurent. And two, they were saying how cool a sleepover would be but they never had the nerve to have one. I'm the scapegoat for them in this. And lastly, why wouldn't they come. James has been over a few times and knows this house. Laurent hasn't been over and neither has Victoria and Kavina. All three are curious to see my home." He nodded, fully understanding how curious the humans can be.

"Have you pulled out the games you wanted everyone to play tonight?" I nodded. "You have a planned itinerary that you made with Alice last night don't you?" I nodded shyly. Me and Alice had spent half the day planning since I was home from school yesterday. I showed my age a little by throwing a tantrum that Eddie was going hunting and wasn't going to be able to take me to school. So after a whole hour and a half of me screaming, crying, and being unreasonable, Esme and Carlisle finally decided that I could stay home too. I spent the whole morning sulking and was also in timeout for how I behaved. I'm just lucky they didn't say I had to cancel my sleepover. "Alright. I guess you should be over prepared."

"Yup! We're going to watch movies, play both video and board games, bake with momma Esme, us girls will do makeovers while the boys hang with you for the moment and have boy chat or whatever. It's going to be fantastic!" Eddie smiled sweetly at me and held his arms out to me. I quickly jumped into his arms and hugged him. I never wanted to leave his arms. In fact, I fell asleep there. When I woke up, Eddie was getting up with me one his shoulder. "What's going on Eddie?"

"The doorbell just rang." I woke all the way up instantly. I wasn't in my dress. I quickly used a spell to change me into my dress that Alice picked out. Eddie had just reached the door when I finished changing. He opened the door to reveal James, Laurent, and Victoria with James' mommy. "Hello ma'am."

"Good evening Edward. Hello there Lily. Are you feeling better? I heard you weren't feeling yourself yesterday."

"Yes ma'am. I'm much better today. Thank you for asking."