Chapter 9: Exploration

(Lily's POV)
          I awoke the next morning with a newfound curiosity. Carlisle was constantly debating if they should tell the Qualiutes about me. So I decided to go onto their land to see what there is to see. I just have to be home by noon. I had a vision of Edward coming home for me. I went downstairs to talk to Esme. When I got to the kitchen, she had just finished boiling my donated blood and was pouring it into my sippy cup. "Good morning mommy."

          "Good morning Lily. How are you this morning? Would you like something to eat?"

          "I'm fine thank you. Can you just pack me a lunch? I'm exploring today. You and daddy can have some alone time. Besides, great grandpa Aro usually lets me run around by myself during the day. Just make sure someone picks up Eddie around noon from the airport."

          "Okay. Just be careful. I don't want to lose you. Today's outfit will be a light blue sundress and headband, white sandals, and black hair please. I don't want you to standout too much."

          "Okay mommy." I grabbed my blood and drank it quickly. When I finished it, I changed my hair color Esme gave me a bath. I got dressed and did my hair while Esme packed my Sonic backpack. It was a small bag. I loved it. She slipped it on my back and I grabbed my phone. She gave me a kiss on my head and waved. "Bye mommy. See you later."

          I ran through the forest like I knew this place like the back of my hand. I jumped the treaty line and ran to the beach. I had packed a swimsuit and towel in my backpack. I slowed down as I approached the tree line. I was walking at a human but I felt as if I were being followed. When I reached the beach, a giant hand gripped my arm. It was hard but I didn't shock the person. I turned around and saw a huge, angry looking guy. His face softened. I decided to play with his emotions. I made my eyes well up with tears.

          "Can you help me? My mommy told me not to go in the woods alone. She told me to should wait until big brother comes home. I didn't mean to go so far." I felt the tears fall from my eyes as I spun my tale. He decided I was telling the truth.

          "Come with me to my house. My fiancé can fix you something to eat while I call Chief Swan to come get you and help you find your mother." I smiled at him sweetly.

          "Thank you Mr." As we walked, we exchanged names. His name is Sam Ueley. When we got to his house, he groaned. I peered into his mind to find out what was bothering him. Great! First a lost child, now Paul could be eating all of our food! I hope he left enough for her. When we got inside, Paul and Emily, the fiancé I guess, froze. She was beautiful minus the scars. I bet I could heal them.

          "This is Lily. She got lost and needs help. Paul, you go patrol the boarders. Emily, can you feed her?"

          "Of course Sam. You go call Billy. I think Charlie went to go see him today." He nodded and walked off. Paul had long since disappeared. I went into my bag and grabbed my sandwich and chips. Emily made me more food to eat like these giant muffins and I ate it all. "My goodness! You eat almost as much as the boys!" I nodded and took out my Amy thermos. I opened it and Sam chose that moment to walk back in. He froze and then snatched away my thermos.

          "Give that back! That's mine and I need it!" I got really mad at him. How dare he take my blood. I forgot everything I learned about self control and phased. Sam had moved Emily behind him not sure what I was about to do until I phased. My fur was fluffy and white. Then Billy and Charlie came in. Could this get any worse? Sam quickly scooped me up.