Chapter 39: Let's Get Ready to Party!

(Lily's POV)

It was here. The end of the school year. It was the last day of school and I was practically biting my nails off. I was nervous and didn't want to leave yet. It was inevitable for it to happen.

I passed all my classes, as usual. I was staring out the window like always. The teacher was playing a movie and I wasn't interested in watching it. My going away party was this weekend. Alice was planning it. I wanted to plan it with Kavina but Alice said no. I tried to bargain with her but she wouldn't budge on it. Eventually, I gave in. I pouted about it for a week but eventually got over it.

"Lily. The movie and class are over. Time for lunch." I looked over at Kavina and smiled. My bestie is awesome.

"Okay. Let's go." We got up and began walking to the cafeteria. Delilah ran up from behind to catch up to us.

"Hey! How's everything?"

"Lily's still sulking a little over Alice keeping her from party planning and getting over it bit by bit."

"Still grumpy? Wow. You really can hold a grudge."

"I wanted it simple. Alice goes overboard most of the time. I love her but she is too much sometimes. For example, she rented out the whole skating rink for Saturday afternoon."

"What?"

"I know! It isn't like I'm inviting the whole third grade class. The worst part is that no matter what she does, I'm gonna love it in the end. I can't be mad! I just have to accept my fate." I sighed while Kavina patted my shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay Lily. I'm sure she can see what you had originally planned. It won't be too bad. It's gonna be great actually." I looked at Kavina and she looked and felt so sure. I smiled and nodded. She had a point. Alice could be too much at times, but there were times when she somehow managed to rein herself in. Soon James, Laurent, and Victoria joined us as we approached the cafeteria. Victoria looked like she was in high spirits this morning but I hadn't had a chance to read her mind.

"So what's the good news Victoria?" She looked at me shocked at first but then smiled and rolled her eyes.

"I now see what James and Kavina are always talking about. Nothing gets past you, huh." I grinned and shook my head. "Well, I was waiting for us all to be together. So my mom started everything thing and so far, it is looking like I will be going to live with my mom in Seattle. My big sister also finished moving to Seattle and I'm going to spend the weekend at her new apartment."

"Your sister can come to my going away party then. That way, you can still come to the party without having to sacrifice much time, if any, with your sister." Victoria grinned widely at me.

"Thanks Lily. I'll be sure to let her know when she comes to pick me up on Friday." I nodded. We made it through the lunch line and sat at our table. We were all silent as we thought about this being my last lunch with them. It was a solemn moment. "Hey, remember when Lily told our class on the first day of kindergarten that she and Edward were getting married?"

"And James and Laurent acted like love-sick idiots?"

"James was the first one to be crazy about her. I wasn't like that until later that day. For James, it started before then."

"Yeah. But I'll never be comparable to Edward."

"But you don't have to be. You and Laurent are still good friends of mine. Nothing can replace friendship."