Chapter 31: Moving Time

(Lily's POV)

I was sitting at my desk waiting for class to start while Kavina talked with Laurant next to me. Laurent and James sat in the two desks behind Kavina and I. I was just happy that Victoria was in a different class this year. I can enjoy my last year in Forks Elementary in some kind of peace. I was bored but not bored enough to engage in the conversation. I was so lost in my mind that I didn't notice when Mr. Monroe came to start the class. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt something poke me. I looked up right when Mr. Monroe called my name on the attendance sheet. "Here." I said while raising my hand. He checked me off and finished going through the attendance list. I looked over at Kavina and tilted my head to the side. She shook her head. An image of James flashed in her mind. I turned around and smiled at James gratefully. He nodded once.

"All right my future fourth graders, we are halfway through the year and I want you to write a two page report on what you look forward to in fourth grade." I turned my head look out the window and rolled my eyes. Kavina giggled as low as she could. She knew I was smarter beyond my age. I guess I'll just write some random mess that sounds happier than I feel. He kept talking about how to do the report and when it was due. I just stared aimlessly at the front of the classroom the rest of class. After class, Kavina and I walked to the cafeteria for lunch. Most of the time I didn't eat any of it. I don't like school lunch.

"Are you gonna eat today?"

"What's for lunch today?"

"Chicken nuggets, French fries, peas, and Mac and cheese." I wrinkled my nose and shook my head.

"I'll just drink my meal replacement drink." Kavina smirked, knowing that I was talking about the blood in my thermos. I brought blood to school everyday now since my first day of first grade. In kindergarten, I brought my lunch with me to school. But when first day of first grade was coming, everyone was excited to start eating school lunch. I wanted to try school lunch too. First grade year is when I learned what school lunches I liked, and what school lunches I hated.

"I will never understand your taste buds Lily. These chicken nuggets are almost as good as the Dino nuggets we had at your house last weekend."

"No way! Tyson Dino nuggies are a million times better than the school nuggets." Laurent ran up from behind us as we walked into the cafeteria.

"You only say that because they are shaped like dinosaurs and you really love dinosaurs." I looked at him annoyed and he smirked. I couldn't argue with him because he was sort of right. He began chuckling and so did Kavina. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. James caught up to us with Victoria beside him before we entered the lunch line. I was going to get a fruit salad at least. I learned that if I skip lunch, all the other humans at school would start to whisper that I had an eating disorder.

One time, a concerned student told a teacher who told my counselor. We had a meeting that both Esme and Carlisle had to be at with me. Carlisle explained that I had a very sensitive digestive system and that they sent me to school with a meal replacement drink in case I couldn't eat what was being served. The school understood but said that even a meal replacement shake shouldn't always be my default when I didn't want what was served. A plan was made to include more options on the lunch menu for those who have special dietary needs. Now fruit salad was an everyday option as well as some vegetarian friendly options.

"Fruit salad again little lady?" I looked at the cashier at the end of the lunch line and smiled while nodding. "Be careful sweetie with eating like that. Don't want to become skin and bones do ya?" I politely laughed and responded.

"No ma'am. My dad is helping me as much as he can though to make sure I stay healthy." She nodded at me with a wide grin on her face. This is how it has been for the past three years. We walked to our favorite table by the windows after we all got our lunches, including Victoria. After I fought her in second grade, she stopped messing with me. Now she just does her best to ignore me due to being humiliated. Of course I didn't use any of my abilities on her. Still didn't make it a fair fight since I had training and she didn't.