Chapter 40: Welcome to New York!

(Lily's POV)

I was super excited for this trip! It would be a while before I could have another friends trip. This is also my first friends trip. The main reason was to give Kavina some time to come to terms with her new situation. Then there is the fact that I just want to spend some time with them. I would invite the others but they wouldn't feel comfortable with how much would be spent on this trip. At least Kavina and Delilah would know that it's just me trying to make things go smoothly. Victoria would think that it's me saying that she's too poor to pay for her own things. Laurent and James would see it as me being generous, but it would make them feel uncomfortable for me to pay for everything. I don't want to do that. They will get some very nice goodiebags at my party though. Alice promised.

Esme and Carlisle were going to get some alone time together since I wasn't going to be home either. It was my suggestion. I love having mommy Esme and daddy Carlisle around but even I know mates need some alone time together. I've had plenty of times with Edward by ourselves. They need that too. I also asked Edward and Alice to keep me busy so that I won't have time to go into a forced vision. I have not seen them during their private time and I refuse to see them ever like that. I chuckled at my aversion while wondering if Edward and I would be like them when I grow up. It radiates all around them that they are mates. It's a warm and fuzzy feeling.

"Lily, we're here." I looked up from my iPad and looked out the window. It was early morning since we left late in the evening after grabbing Delilah from her house. The sun was trying to rise. I didn't sleep at all. Both Edward and Alice tried to convince me to sleep. But for some reason, I just never felt tired. Edward even switched spots driving with Alice so he could hold me and hum my lullaby he made for me. I felt at peace when he did that, just not sleepy. "Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Still not tired?" I shook my head. This happens every now and again. Edward and Alice were concerned, but not worried since this had happened multiple times before. Carlisle's theory is that it's my vampiric genetics. It would be much simpler if my creators were still around to understand me and some of the things that I go through. Maybe someday, I'll find them. It's a dream for sure, but maybe a dream that could come true.

I gave Alice the address to my apartment that's close to Time Square. It's a four bedroom and has a similar interior to a condo. It also has two floors to it.

"Do you have the key or do we have to open it another way?"

"I don't have my key. But someone should be there by now stocking it with food and blood for me." I went looking for our future at our destination and saw Heidi letting us in. "Heidi was the closest so she's going to be letting us in. She must be doing work here." I thought about Heidi's work. She brings the Volturi humans to drink. I never drink from them though. Even when Aro brought me back with him, I never drank from the humans she brought back. I always found a human myself. At first, I was told not to eat the humans in the area. But when I stopped drinking blood, Aro lifted that rule.

Me having stopped drinking blood had caused me to become weak. He was worried about me dying since he had no idea about what I could do. He could read my mind at times. But then other times, he couldn't. He had called upon Eleazar to try and tell him what my ability was. He didn't expect me to be able to block Eleazar's gift too. That was why whenever I did something new, they were endlessly amazed by it. I loved them all the same though. They were there and they celebrated each new ability. I smiled warmly at the memories. We went to park in the parking garage while I woke up Delilah and Kavina. I also texted Heidi to let her know that we were parking and that I had a couple human friend's with us. I held their hands after I sent the text. 'Heidi is upstairs and she doesn't know about the existence of witch's let alone that you two know about the existence of vampires. Try not to let anything slip. She believes that you two are humans.' They nodded. I rubbed on both of them to mark them thoroughly with my scent. I had warned them years ago to not bother anyone marked with my scent. I wanted to make sure they weren't mistaken for a snack to go.