Chapter 18: First Day of School (Part 2)

(Lily's POV)

As I walked into my classroom, I couldn't help but to be a little nervous. So many new smells and sounds. I was in sensory overload for a moment. I ended up backing up into my school counselor's legs. "Are you okay Lily?" I nodded and straightened up.

"Lily!" I looked up and saw James running over to me. I smiled. At least I had one friend in this class already. "Good morning. I thought that since I didn't see you at the class orientation that we weren't in the same class. I'm glad to see that I was wrong."

"Oh yeah. Sorry about that. Eddie took me on a little vacation."

"Oh." His face fell a little when I mentioned Edward. "Well, you're here now. That's all that matters right?" I smiled and agreed. After my school counselor left, James showed me around the classroom. He also introduced me to some of the new friends he had made on orientation day. They were all boys of course. They seemed to like me for the most part. Some of them wanted to worship me like I was a goddess. That didn't seem to sit well with the other female students. We were suppose to be in kindergarten. Why is everyone so into liking people? "So, how are you liking the classroom so far?"

"It's really nice. I love all the different colors. So where's Victoria?"

"Right behind you princess." I felt my own face fall when I heard her disgustingly sweet voice. But instead of letting her see how her presence has bothered me, I put on my best smile and turned around to greet her.

"Good morning Victoria. How lovely to see you arrive today. Are you acclimating well to this new and mind boggling environment?"

"Huh?" I smirked knowing that she didn't have the same kind of intellect that I had. I was smarter than the average three year old by a lot.

"What Lily means is how are you liking the new classroom?" Victoria's face turned into a sneer as she realized that I was making fun of her intelligence. I just didn't like her. She's rude to me just because James won't return her feelings. I understand that it can be really hurtful to some people. I would feel really bad if Edward didn't return my feelings. But that still doesn't give you a pass to go be rude to someone else.

"Alright class. Come and sit on the round rug at the front of the class. It's circle time." Victoria grabbed James' hand and dragged him to the circle carpet. He looked back at me like he wanted me to grab onto him but I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Territorial isn't she." I nodded and looked to see who had spoken. It was one of the boys that James had introduced to me earlier.

"You're Laurent, right?" He nodded.

"Yeah. I've known Victoria for a long time. Since we were born actually. We're neighbors too. But she really cares for James. Don't think too badly of her though. She is a really sweet girl. But so much has happened to her to make her so bitter towards people who she thinks are threatening her happiness."

"I figured as much." I hadn't fully read her mind but she does feel that her happiness is being threatened. But that still is still not a good enough excuse to treat me in such a way. I looked over at Laurent and he looked amazed at me. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"No. It's just, I find it pretty amazing that you who have only talked to her two times knows her so well already. Now I see why James likes you so badly. Your mind is really beautiful." He took my hand and kissed the back of it. He smiled, peeked to the side and then smirked. He stood up straight and tugged me behind him. "Let's go sit before we get scolded for not listening. Wouldn't want you to get put on yellow or red on your first day of school."

I nodded and sat with him. I glanced over at James and Victoria. James seemed to be glaring in our direction. I read his mind and it seems that he saw when Laurent kissed the back of my hand and he didn't like it one bit. I smirked but made sure that both him and Laurent couldn't see it. I can't wait to go tell Eddie later. I then had a sudden vision of Eddie's eyes turning black and then him running off. I shivered at the sight of the vision. I didn't like the idea of him being so angry so I decided not to tell him. As we sat on the rug, Ms. Jerkins had us introduce ourselves to the class. It soon became my turn. The whole class had their eyes on me. The girls looked unimpressed. The boys looked ready to bow at my feet. I stood up straight and told them as briefly as possible about me.