Chapter 38: My Little Secret

(Lily's POV)

I was a little nervous about phasing in front of Delilah. I was nervous the first time I phased in front of Kavina. I decided I wanted to try and stall. As I was about to suggest dressing up, Kavina interrupted me.

"Just get to phasing, Lily. I remember how badly you stalled with me because of nerves. It's okay. This is a safe space. Go ahead and take your time, but don't sike yourself out, okay?" I nodded and took a deep, calming breath. I concentrated solely on the changing of my body and let my wolf burst through. Delilah jumped back surprised, but a look of wonder dominated her face, and she walked up to me. On all fours, I was close to her height. When she had her face close to mine, I licked her face. She squealed.

"Ew. Lily!" She tried to look mad but was failing and started laughing. I did my wolfy chuckle, and Kavina joined in laughing.

"Okay. Now you have to leave your mind open, Dee. Lily obviously can't speak when she's like this, so we need to be able to hear her thoughts. Lily and I do this a lot so I can work on reading other witches' minds."

"You two do this to practice?" Kavina and I nodded. We practiced with Kavina's parents, but we liked to practice on our own. I'm not learning much due to my abilities, but it was nice to feel included in this. "Okay. So where are we playing fetch?" I shifted back and answered.

"Outside of course. Eddie's going to come with us." Edward walked in as I spoke and handed Kavina and Delilah their coats. "Kavina, want to ride again." She giggled and nodded. "Eddie, you carry Delilah." I phased back to a wolf and waited patiently as Kavina climbed onto my back. 'Are you ready?'

"Born ready." I looked up as Edward opened my balcony.

'Hang on tight.' I felt Kavina's grip on my fur tighten, and I took off out the balcony door and into the tree. I climbed down, adjusting for Kavina's weight, and safely made it to the ground. I waited patiently for Edward to jump down with Delilah. As soon as they were down, Edward and I began to race to our meadow. He had Delilah on his back. From what I was hearing from her mind, she was both thrilled and scared by the speed we were traveling. Edward and I weren't even going as fast as we could go just to make sure Delilah would be fine.

"Come on Lily. I know you can go faster than this."

'Do you wanna leave Delilah behind? I promise we can go faster later if she is okay with it. But for now, I think we should pace ourselves for her.'

"No. You're right." Kavina felt a bit disappointed but knew that this was the right thing to do. Ten minutes later we made it to the meadow. Kavina climbed down off my back while Edward helped Delilah down from his. "How was the run, Dee?"

"Um. It was something. I've never gone that fast before."

'She had her eyes closed the whole time. Just like your first time riding on my back Kavina.' Delilah and I laughed while Kavina pouted.

"Hey. I thought we swore not to bring that up." I chuckled.

'So you're saying we should keep that from Delilah because of you being embarrassed? Or is it that you wanna look cool in front of her?' Kavina was blushing and began blushing harder when she realized that even though Delilah couldn't see her blush, I could see it.