Chapter 16: Play Date

(James POV)

          I was sitting in the car as my mommy drove me and momma home still thinking about Lily. She was very pretty. I liked her a lot and wished she would be my best friend. But it seems this Edward guy has her heart. I want to have her heart. I want her to be my special friend. Mommy and momma call each other their special friend. It seems like something I want.

          "You've been very quiet James honey. Is something wrong?" I shook my head. "Are you thinking about Lily?" I felt my face get hot. I turned to face out the car window and frowned.

          "No. I was thinking about nothing. I was just enjoying the look of the trees as we pass by them." I didn't want mommy or momma to know that I wanted Lily to be my special friend. The next day mommy called me to the living room. "Yes mommy?"

          "Lily is on the phone." I felt my face heat up and I ran to grab the phone from her.

          "Hello?" There was a giggle as an answer. That giggle sounded as sweet as a cinnamon roll. "What? What's so funny?" She giggled some more.

          "You. You sound so breathless. Anyway, I was calling to see if you wanted to come play with me. My big brother  Emmett and big brother Jasper were gonna take me to the park today before dinner tonight. I wanted you to come too. Your mom said I should ask you if you wanted to go. So will you?"

          "Of course I will!" I realized that I'd said that too quickly. "I mean, sure. Since you really want me to come along and everything."

          "Wow! You're the best! I can't wait. Be ready by three in the afternoon. We'll be there by then."

          "Okay. Bye Lily."

          "Bye James." A shiver ran up my spine when she said my name. I gave mommy back the phone and ran up to my room. I had to find the perfect clothes for both playing and for meeting her other brothers. I wanted to make a really good impression on her brothers. I didn't want them to hate me and think that I wasn't good enough for her. I chose a simple playground outfit. A pair of blue jeans and a long sleeve white Polo shirt. I also threw on some random black tennis shoes. I got dressed and waited for Lily and her brothers to come pick me up. Momma was at work so mommy packed me a snack bag.

          "I also slipped a twenty dollar bill into your bag." I nodded and kept staring at the door willing the doorbell to ring. Soon, my prayers were answered. I ran and opened the door. "James Michael Wilson! What did I tell you about answering the door?"

          "Sorry mommy. I was just excited to go to the park with Lily." A giggled alerted me to the fact that we had an audience. I turned to see a gigantic guy with a ton of muscle in his arms. Then I looked down and saw Lily in what looked to be gray boots, a pink and gray dress, and a short black jacket. Her hair was slightly curled. She looked amazing. Her hair was a different color today. It was white that turned to a light pink at the end. She giggled again.

          "Are you ready to go?" I nodded my head. "We'll see you at the restaurant later James' mommy! Have a good one!"

          "You two have fun at the park. Behave yourself James. I love you."

          "I love you too mommy. See you later." We quickly got into her brother's car. The other brother was in the front passenger seat. He had blonde hair. They even had a blue car seat for me to sit in.

          "I picked that out for you." I was amazed. I had something hand picked by this goddess. Her blonde haired brother started chuckling out of no where. "Be kind Jasper." I looked between Lily and the blonde brother, Jasper. Something went between them unspoken. After that we buckled our seat belts, Lily gave out instructions. "Let's go Emmett. We go straight to the park per Esme's instruction."