Chapter 36: New Friend Delilah

(Kavina's POV)

I spent time with my mom at home the day after the incident. I was fine since Lily shielded me but Lily wanted to make sure no hunters were in the area before she let me come back to school. It didn't take long since I was allowed to go to school the day after that. I was walking down the hall when I saw Lily standing with James and Laurent. I was about to speak when a girl I didn't recognize ran up to Lily and began hugging her. I was so confused. I finished walking up to the group and took into account that both James and Laurent looked shocked.

"Hey everyone. What's up?" The new girl froze and stepped back to hide behind Lily as best she could since she was taller than Lily. Now that I could see her face better, I recognized her. She was that fourth grader that everyone was super obsessed with. Delilah something. Lily looked at Delilah sternly and Delilah sighed. She came and stood directly in front on me.

"I want to say I'm sorry for what happened the other day. I'm glad you weren't badly hurt by the accident with the light. Lily is a really good friend. Also, I like you!" I was left stunned and blushing.

"You like me?" She nodded. "Like, like me like me?" She nodded clenching her eyes shut as she did. She seemed nervous about saying this out loud. I looked at Lily and she was smirking. Lily knew and that meant that she was being serious and truthful. My mouth was just hanging open in shock. I was about to speak when Lily interrupted.

"She's like us Kavina. Isn't that great?" Then I thought back through her apology and realized that she was the cause of the light blowing out. I needed more info that Lily couldn't say out loud right now.

"Can we discuss this more at lunch? I need to ask Lily some questions first. But that isn't a rejection of your feelings though. I honestly have never had anyone say they like me before. So I need a moment."

"Oh. Okay." Lily reached out and squeezed Delilah's hand. She perked up after that and smiled a dazzling smile at me. "Okay then. See you at lunch." She turned around and skipped down the hall. I looked to Lily and before I could speak, I got interrupted again. This time by Victoria.

"Hey everyone! Why are we standing around instead of going to breakfast?" She looked from my blushing face to Lily's smug face to James and Laurent's shocked faces. "What did I just miss?" Lily chuckled and shook her head.

"Don't worry about it. You'll find out at lunch." I grimaced at Lily and she just smirked like the cat that ate the canary. After our second class started, I was finally able to question Lily. Our class had won a free day by having high test scores on our last test so the teacher was playing a movie for us. I didn't pay attention to what it was though. I grabbed Lily's hand when the teacher turned the lights out.

'What's going on?'

'She's a witch like us.'

'Okay. So she caused the light to blow. Big deal. Why did she suddenly confess? I really wasn't expecting that.'

'Because she made the light blow out. She saw us holding hands like we are right now and thought more of it than it actually is. Her emotions got the better of her and she made the light blow. I told her she needed to tell you how she feels so she can get it over with instead of being jealous of how close we are.'

'But you're with Edward!'

'I just explained that to her yesterday after school. Me and Alice followed her home.'

'Wow. Okay. Do you know for how long she has liked me?'

'I do but that isn't my business to share.'