Back to normality

Charlene's POV :

'I love you too' I replied to him smiling, half asleep.

I wasn't sure if I had heard him correctly, but I do know I've never felt this way about anyone before, so if I feel it, why not just say it. Right?

Back at Charlene's House Next Day 3:45pm
Charlene's POV:

'Ugh it feels good to be back in my own bed' I said to myself as I got comfy in my bed and turned my TV on.

'CHAR! CHARLENE' I heard my mama calling me from downstairs.

'Yes ma'am?' I said, frustrated that she called me when I had just gotten comfy.

'You got a package down here. Do you want me to bring it up for you?' she asked.

'Yes please mama. Thank you' I replied to her happy because I didn't have to move.

Maybe my Fashion Nova order finally came. I need me some jeans.

'There you go baby' mama said as she placed the box on my lap.

'Thank you mama' I said to her as she exited my room and shut my door behind her.

I started ripping open the box, and my heart stopped. The cutest thing I could have ever received, especially at a time like this.

I knew it had to be Nathan

I knew it had to be Nathan. He's so cute.

I was about to put the box on the trash, when I saw a note under all the packaging. It wrote:

'Hey mama. I hope you doing okay. I sent you some flowers cause I know you not feeling the best right now. You being in the hospital in that state made me realise how much you actually mean to me, and I want you to see that everyday. I want to show it to you anytime you'll let me. I want to be in this with you for as long as you'll have me ma. Because I love you. I want you to be mine'.

By the end of the letter, I was a mess.

I picked up my phone to call Nathan to tell him thank you everything when I heard the doorbell ring.

Nathan's POV :

I rang Char's doorbell once and she answered it.

'Hey mama' I said to her, and she ran into me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

'I see you read my letter and got all my gifts?' I joked as she let me in and shut the door behind her. I greeted her parents and siblings and we went up to her room.

'Yes I did. Thank you so much Nathan. It means so much to me. You mean so much to me. The letter made me a mess, as you can see my mascara stained again' she laughed and I chuckled.

'So you gon be mine?' I asked her cheekily.

'Hmmm i don't know. I'll have to think about it' she joked.

'Don't be playing with me Char' I said to her.

'Whatever boy. You already know it's always gon be you' she blushed.

'Huh? Sorry I didn't hear you properly. Speak up' I said to her now standing up walking over to her.

'You heard what I said sir' she responded now backing up into her bathroom.

I picked her up and put her onto her bathroom counter.

'Nah I ain't hear you properly. What you say? Repeat it for me' I said now inches anyways from her face.

'I said im yours. Damn. Can you get out of my face now?' she said as she covered her face.

'Nah' I said as I kissed her. She tried to resist but she eventually gave in.

'Stoppp' she laughed as I kissed her neck.

'You gon let this go to far' she said and I finally let her go.

'You right, you right' I said and I interlocked our fingers together and we walked over to her bed.

She got comfy laying down and I laid on her stomach. We ended up watching half on Best Man's Holiday before we both fell asleep.

Burger King Next Day 5pm

'What'd you want mama' I asked Char as she applied some Vaseline to her lips

'Hmmm...get me a chicken burger and some fries pleaseeeeee' she said.

'Ight, do you wanna stand with me or do you wanna go sit over there?' I asked her.

'Imma go sit over there. I have to call my mama anyways' she said as she began to walk to the seating area.

'Okay ma' I said simply.

'Oh my goshhhhhh. Nathannnn???? Is that you??' a familiar voice said behind me.

I dreaded turning around because I had a feeling I knew exactly who it was.

'Awww it is you' my ex Paris said as she stood in front  of me, eyeing me up.

WRITERS COMMENT :
Oopppp Nathan's ex is backkk!!! Do y'all think she's gonna cause some trouble? We'll have to see. Don't forget to comment and vote. Until next time...🥰