Woah

'Congrats, you're having twins' the nurse said excited and I looked over at Nathan who was looking at the screen in disbelief.

'I'm gon be a father mayn' he said happily and I just sat there

'You're about to hit the 13 week. Congrats. You are around 5 weeks away from finding out the genders. We are gonna go to my office for a follow up now, if that's okay with you?' The nurse said and I nodded.

'Okay I will be waiting in the room next door for you guys. Take as much time as you need' the nurse smiled and then left the room.

'How you feeling?' Nathan asked me and I shrugged.

'I don't know' I said as I pulled down my top and walked out of the room to meet the nurse.

'You are carrying quite small for twins, but that's completely normal for girls of your age. Have you decided what you want to do?' The nurse asked me and I felt totally caught off guard.

'I don't know yet. I haven't even told my parents or his mama. This is all new to me, we just found out yesterday' I explained and played with my fingers.

'That's totally fine sweetheart. Just, we are almost reaching the time where an abortion wouldn't be allowed anymore. It's a few weeks away, so I want you to come in next week. Hopefully you've made your decision by then' the nurse finished and I nodded.

I really needed to make a decision fast. With the funeral for Biz coming in 2 weeks, I know by then I would be showing a lot more and I knew I had to tell my parents.

'Thank you' Nathan said as we got up and he shook her hand. She had just recommended all these vitamins and minerals that I should be taking, which Nathan said he'd buy once we left.

We got back into the car and I took a deep breath.

'I need to tell my parents. I can't hold this secret, especially with Biz' funeral coming up, both our parents are going to be there and I'm already slightly showing. I wouldn't be able to hide it, I would be 15 weeks baby' I said to Nathan and he ran a hand down the side of his face.

'As long as you feeling ready mama, I don't wanna rush you into doing this' Nathan said and I nodded.

'I'm ready' I said and we made the drive to my parents house. 'I'm ready'

Back at Charlene's House
Charlene's POV :

'Hey mama, daddy can you guys come into the front room for a second?' I said and they came a few seconds after.

'You okay baby? You look a bit pale, are you sick?' my mom said and I just stared at her.

'Not exactly' I said and I toyed with my fingers. Nathan looked at me and nodded and I took a deep breath.

'I'm pregnant' I said and there was a deafening silence that fell upon the room. My parents looked and each other then looked between me and Nathan.

'Are you sure?' My mom said and I nodded.

'Yes ma'am, I went to the hospital today to actually see if I was. I just found out last night' I confessed and I passed them the pictures from the ultrasound.

'You're having twins?' My mama tearfully and I nodded.

'Aw my baby' my mama said and she stood up and gave me a hug. 'Was you nervous? I can feel your heart' and I nodded crying with her.

'I'm so sorry mama and daddy' I said and I walked to my dad.

He just shook his head and walked out of the room completely.

'James!' My mom called out to him and he ignored her. 'I'm sorry baby, just give him some time'

I felt so defeated by my dads reaction and I didn't think he'd want me staying in the house anymore. I didn't know what to do, so I packed clothes for a few days and planned to stay at Nathan's for a few days or weeks.

'I'm sorry mama. You okay?' Nathan said as we walked back to his car.

'I just want peace. It seems like it's always something. Every single week it's something' I said wiping away loose tears off my cheeks and turning away from Nathan and staring out of window.

We drove all the way back to the apartment in silence and when we got there, I just left the car. Usually I wait for Nathan to open my door, but I just left. There was something i needed to do.

'Hey mommy's babies. I'm so sorry I've been so distant, and I'm sorry if you think mommy doesn't love you. I'm so sorry but I promise to love you both and I care for you always. It's gonna take mommy a little while to get used to you, but everyday will be better. You have the best father and I can't wait for him to meet y'all' I said tearfully whilst I rubbed my stomach.

Nathan was watching the whole thing, and when I finished he came and sat by me. He started rubbing the little bulge on my stomach and then started talking.

'My babies, i love yall. You have the greatest mama and even if she can't see it right now, y'all are our biggest blessing and God sent you both to us. I love you both with all my heart and I'm always gon protect you both' he said and I wiped tears from my eyes. He kissed my stomach then stared back at me.

'I meant what I said mama. You don't gotta worry, you got this and we gon be alright' he said and I nodded.

We were gonna be alright.