Chapter 9

After dinner, I cleaned up as Happy went walking around the house. I knew he knew where things were so I wasn't quite sure what he was doing.

I walked out to see him in the hall, looking at the pictures I had hanging on the wall.

"SAMNY?"

I nodded. "Most of em. My last prospect didn't have any pictures. Didn't like the way he looked in em. So I don't have any pictures of him."

"You two were close?"

I nodded. "My best friend from high school," I said. "I prospected right after school. He joined the military."

"I'm sorry you lost him."

"Thanks," I said.

I went to turn and go back to the living room.

Happy grabbed my hand and I turned back toward him. He nodded towards the bedroom. I followed him and he sat on my bed. I sat in his lap facing him and he wrapped his arms around my torso.

"Little girl," he said.

"Hap," I said. He kissed my lips gently. "I really need to wash my hair."

"Yeah. I can help you wash the blood out."

"Really?" I asked. He stood up with me in his arms and walked to the bathroom.

I laughed at him. He sat me down on the counter and pulled my shirt over my head in one quick motion.

"Happy wait," I said. He froze in front of me with my shirt in his hands.

"You're covered in dried blood," he said.

"Yeah the shower will wait another five minutes."

He dropped my shirt in the basket behind him.

"Hap, you aren't the kind of guy-."

"Don't tell me what kind of guy I am. I've never been this kind of guy but I've never met a you kind of girl," he said.

"I don't want to get hurt."

"Calista," he said. "I won't try to hurt you."

"I know, Hap. I've just been around the club forever. I know the rules," I said. "I just want to make sure that if we're gonna do this we're on-."

"How many times am I going to have to tell you I want this? Whatever it is."

"A lot," I said. "I've dated one brother before."

"Which? And what did he do to you?"

"It's not important," I said.

"Calista," he said.

"I don't want to talk about it."

He grabbed my hands. "Calista."

"He was leaf number 12," I said. "Can we please just shower?"

"Do you need space?"

I wiped my eyes. "No, yes, I don't know."

"Shower," he said. "I'll go get you snacks. What do you want?"

"Chocolate. Cookie Dough ice cream. White cheddar popcorn."

"I'll run to the store. You shower. Unless you want me to stay," he said.

"I'll shower," I said.

"Hey, you know I really care about you right?"

I nodded.

"Cal, I'm serious. Since you got here months ago and I had to keep you from killing Donut," he said. "Something about seeing you holding your own."

"I get it," I said.

He kissed my lips. I smirked a little and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Happy, shower with me?"

He nodded and pulled back. We both stripped down and I set the shower almost as hot as it would go.

"Oh fuck no," he said, immediately turning the temperature down.

"Hap," I said. "I need the hot water to get all this blood off."

"Just stand there," he said. He moved me to stand in the water. He placed his hands on my cheeks and kissed me.

"Hap," I said.

"Shh, just relax," he said. He turned to grab what I assume was shampoo and he froze.

"Three four five six seven?" He asked. "Seven bottles."

"Don't judge," I said. "Shampoo is the light purple," he grabbed one. "Yeah."

Happy washed my hair and body for me. Between the hot water and his hands, I managed to relax.

"Cal," Happy said. "I wanna make love to you."

"What?"

"I don't-."

"I want that too Happy. You just caught me off guard."