Chapter 41

ALENA

“MOMMY!”

My mother was in the middle of taking control from Isis when he lunged at her. He’s an alpha so his black wolf is big and strong, pouncing straight at her. It felt like my heart stopped. Everything slowed down and I couldn’t breathe. Tears instantly filled my eyes, making it hard to see.

I’m standing behind Wilkins facing her. I can’t see anything because his body is blocking her Just as he is about to make contact, the barrier breaks. My father’s wolf sprang forward in a desperate attempt to help her.

Just as my dad was just within reach, Wilkin’s body catapulted over her head. My mom’s right hand was holding his throat, her body dipping down, and her left hand pushed up on his chest. He managed to claw her right shoulder, drawing blood. By the time he hit the ground, blood from her wound was running down her arm.

The moment he made contact with the ground; my dad’s wolf was attacking him. He went straight for Wilkin’s throat. His intentions were clear. Death.

Dad’s wolf was also black, but he was huge compared to the other alpha’s wolf. Wilkins tried to get up but at every attempt, he failed. Dad kept knocking him down. His claws were slicing open his shoulders and sides. Biting at his legs, snapping bones in half.

Finally, he was able to clamp onto his neck and shake until there was no movement beneath him. One last violent shake and my dad ripped his throat out, spitting it out. He stood over him as the blood continued to pour around him.

My mom collapsed to the ground. She was going in and out of consciousness.

I ran towards her screaming, yanking my shirt off. When I reached her, I put pressure on the wound. My shirt quickly soaked with her blood, showing no signs of it slowing down. I couldn’t help but cry. I’m trying desperately to control my breathing so I could take care of her. I didn’t want her panicking over me. I have to be strong.

Dad quickly shifted back, running towards Mom, scooping her up in his arms. He’s yelling for Molly while I run behind them. They disappeared into the packhouse.

“Uncle Thomas, can you take care of everything out here, I have to check on Mom.” I said and he nodded.

I ran into the packhouse towards the medical wing. I can hear my dad yelling and my mom screaming. You can hear the pain in her voice. When I turned into the door to her room, I saw blood everywhere. It was on the floor, and her body was covered in it but what got my attention was the blood coming from between her legs. I froze.

“Jaxson! You have to back up and let us work. We can’t help her like this.” Molly yelled. Dad was standing at Mom’s side, growling at anyone that came close to her. His eyes showed his wolf was in control, trying to protect his mate.

“Alena! You have to get him out of here. Please!” Molly yelled at me.

I couldn’t move. My body is still stuck, staring at all the blood. What is going to happen to my mom and the baby? Before I had any time to think about anything else, there was a loud crash. I looked across the room and saw my father throw a nurse across the room at the wall. Damnit!

I ran towards my father, stepping in front of him. I held my hands up in front of my body, letting Max know I was no threat. His eyes were dilated, his body looked like the Hulk, his breathing is heavy, and hair is starting to poke out at random places. The last thing everyone needs is for him to fully shift. This space is not big enough and someone will get hurt.

“MAX! Please stop. Mommy needs Molly’s help. Molly has to make sure the baby is ok. I need you to calm down and let Dad back in control. Nobody here is going to hurt her, everyone in this room works for Molly. Please.” I pleaded then ran to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I buried my head into his chest and cried.

Seconds later, his body return to normal. I looked up and saw his eyes closed but he was still breathing heavily.

“We need to step out and let Molly help her. You can’t be here.” I whispered to him, and he nodded.

We stepped out into the hallway and a nurse closed the door. My father’s head dropped, and his hands fisted at his side. The veins in his neck were sticking out. When he raised his head, he looked pissed.

“Why the fuck would she do this?! She knew she was in no position to fight him and then to put the fucking barrier up so nobody could help her! I’m so fucking furious with her right now!” His voice boomed through the hallway.

“I can’t go through this again.” His voice dropped to a whisper, unsure if I was meant to hear it. When I looked at him, tears filled his eyes and his body started to shake.

I looked down at the end of the hallway and saw Damon standing there. I quickly walked to him, and he pulled me tight into a hug.

“Is everything ok?” He asked.

“We don’t know. I think the baby is coming but they haven’t said anything. I’m going to wait with my dad, but can you go tell Uncle Thomas to lock the pack down. Tell everyone to stay inside their homes and for those who live inside the packhouse, they need to stay in their rooms. If anything happens to my mother or the baby, I don’t know what my father will do. I don’t want anyone getting hurt.” I said. I turned to walk away but stopped. “Can you also find Aunt Jessica and get her here? I’m scared.” He nodded.

Before he walked away, he took his shirt off and handed it to me. This is the first time I realized I was only in my sports bra. My scars. His eyes never left mine while I quickly put his shirt on.

“Thank you.”

I walked back towards my father and held his hand. I guided him to a chair and we both sat down.

“Daddy, it’s going to be ok.” I whispered.

“Fuck! This shouldn’t be happening. How could she be so careless?” He said.

“Mommy didn’t do this. Yes, she showed up when I was attacked but otherwise, she would never put her and the baby at risk. Isis was in control the entire time.”

“It doesn’t matter if it were Isis or Alessia, she is my mate, my wife. She blocked me out! I’m so angry with her. After all these years, this is the first time I wasn’t able to connect with her. I felt nothing through the bond. Even when we have had our share of arguments, but she’s never done that. Isis knew she was in no shape to fight him. How could she put them at risk? Why couldn’t she let someone else handle it, me handle it?” He said.

“I don’t know. Maybe Isis was so angry with everything going on with all these packs. She is an Alpha female. Everyone kept pushing her, challenging her, and disrespecting her at every turn that she just snapped. Not to mention, pregnancy hormones are the worst.” I said and he gave me a weak chuckle but didn’t say anything else.

I looked up when I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. Aunt Jessica, Uncle Lucas and Thomas, and Damon were coming towards us.

“How is she?” Aunt Jessica asked.

“We don’t know anything yet. They haven’t come out and told us anything. Jess, she was bleeding, something with the baby.” My dad said. She lunged herself at him, giving him a bear hug.

“They are both going to be fine. They are strong. That baby has our blood, a fighter.” She whispered in his ear.

Damon sat in the chair next to me and held my hand. All I could do was squeeze it back and lean my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and prayed for them to be ok.

The door opened and Molly walked out covered in blood. She looked exhausted.

*********
What do you think is going to happen next?

Do you like Alessia's character?

What about Alena?