Chapter 10

ALENA

The bell rung and Ms. Harris walked in. After taking roll call, she began her lesson. I was barely listening. My mind was distracted from what I saw earlier. I know I woke up this morning with the mindset of not letting Britney get to me, but this just knocked me down mentally. The thought of her having him made me physically sick. I've liked him for so long and he's never acknowledged me, but she gets to be with him. I don't know if he and Melanie are still together or if he's cheating on her but it's not fair.

I was broken out of my thoughts when the door opened. I looked over and saw Damon walk in. I think I just stopped breathing while I watched him walk up to the teacher with a piece of paper in his hand.

He handed the paper to Ms. Harris then looked up right at me. We made eye contact before I looked away.

"Ms. Monetti, you're needed in the office." She said.

It's been years since Jaxson adopted me and I changed my last name and normally I don't even think about it anymore but lately when I hear it, I can't help but wonder if people would ever accept it.

As I packed up my things, I noticed that Damon was standing there waiting on me. Why? Usually, they give the note to the teacher and walk out going back to wherever they came from. Now I think I'm going to die.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of class. As I started down the hall, a hand covered my mouth and another went around my waist, picking me up. I was carried into the girl's bathroom. I was struggling to get lose but he wouldn't let go.

"Calm down." Damon said while letting me go.

"What the hell?! How am I supposed to calm down after that? What are you doing? What do you want?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you, and I didn't think you would come willingly." He said.

"What do you want to talk to me about, we've never talked before?" I said.

"Alena, it's about what you saw earlier." He said.

"I really don't care to talk about that bitch, or what you choose to do with her." I said.

I pushed off the wall and lifted my bag on my shoulder. I started walking out but he grabbed my arm.

"Wait." he said

"No, I'm done here. Am I really supposed to go to the office or was that your way of getting me out of class?" I asked.

"It was my way of getting you out of class. Don't go." He said.

"What the hell do you want?" I said again. I'm getting really frustrated because I don't want to think about Britney when I'm looking at him.

Normally, I would have loved to talk to him. Being able to look at him and he actually notices me, but I can't right now.

I could hear him come closer, but I refused to turn and look at him. I didn't trust myself. He looks so good; I'd hate to embarrass myself.

"Melanie cheated on me. I picked up her phone this morning when she left it in my car. I saw text messages from a dude that proves it. We got into a fight yesterday and she ran off. I couldn't get a hold of her at all last night. Then I see messages of what they did together. She sent pictures to him of them together. I was pissed and felt betrayed. I wanted to hurt her so how better then with her best friend. That's the only reason why I kissed her." He said.

"Why are you telling me this? You don't owe me an explanation." I said.

"Alena, I know you like me, and I know you hate Britney plus I saw the look on your face when you saw us. You looked like you were going to cry." He said.