12

"Time travel is a philosophical concept, not a scientific one

"Time travel is a philosophical concept, not a scientific one. It is, in fact, as has been pointed out, scientific nonsense."

"Yes, Ryan, we know you read books. Infinity of Mirrors." Joan mocked from behind her campaign notes and smirked at the giggle around the room. The boy only blushed bright red and sniffed. "There's a time travelling boss in my campaign, you gotta problem with that?"

"I just don't like it. It's not scientifically possible-"

"Dude, you're talking about a game that thrives off of make-believe, keyword: fantasy." Brynnyn interrupted with a scoff and a roll of her eyes. "Just let the weird Whovian have her time travelling hard-on and just roll the freaking die."

"There is no difference between Time and any of the three dimensions of Space except that our consciousness moves along it." Bryan quoted quietly, playing with the 3D printed version of his character with his cheek on the table. Sighing he looked up at Ryan. "H.G. Wells. Time travel exists, just maybe not like how you and I think about it."

"One may never get to know how fast the time travels till the one gets in that position to race against the time." Kaleigh said softly, looking up at the ceiling. The candles made her look almost ominous and Joan had to force herself to look away, a dark shadow creeping up her spine at the haunted look in the blonde's eyes.

When Joan started to regain consciousness it was still dark and she tried to grab her face to figure out if her eyes were opening, but she was stopped by many different preventatives. Her ankles were tied behind her, her ankles also tied, and Joan found herself uncomfortably stuffed in one of the standing lockers gagged, blindfolded, and in so much pain.

God, her throat was on fire.

She went in and out of consciousness for God knows how long before what sounded like an explosion sounded and Joan jolted into the land of the living. Hearing voices Joan immediately starting banging around and screaming, trying to get out of this fucking torture.

"Do you guys hear that?"

"It's coming from the locker!"

"What if its..."

"Someone's tied up in there!!"

"Oh shit."

"For the love of... Where are the bolt cutters?!"

After what seemed like an eternity, the door opened and Joan fell out without much grace and a sob left her lips when the blindfold was taken off and familiar faces entered her view.

"Oh my God, is that.... Dustin's sister?!"

Max was the first to react and took the gag out of Joan's mouth before using the bolt cutters to cut off the rope around her ankles and wrist. Once freed, Joan grabbed the redhead by the shoulders and squeezed her tightly, thankful that they were now safe.