23

Summer was becoming only a distant memory as the school year whirled into action and between cheer practice and a healthy social life Joan had barely anytime to think about the trauma that she had gone through over the summer

Joan had practiced perhaps more than she ever had in her entire life to be the cheerleader she was known to be.

Or well, Agatha was known to be.

Apparently Agatha had been known for her flips and under a pact oath between her and Dustin she would never tell a soul that he was the prime reason she could do... anything.

There were a few hiccups throughout the school year as new faces entered her life and she tried to memorize them all without looking like a bitch while also looking like a bitch because Joan was a bit of a... bitch.

She had successfully integrated herself into cheer with near weekly sleep overs and shoved her brother straight into the demonic arms of DnD before the first month of the school year had even begun. In a turn of events she had unintentionally made Eddie Munson her rival - it was his fault - and the school semester was filled with the two verbally tearing each other's throats out.

By extension the cheerleading team and Hellfire Club didn't even look at the each other. It was quite exhilarating to have a group of people willing to be so ride or die just because you didn't like one person and didn't even have to give a reason. There was also a sting at having your own club glare at you.

Well the Hellfire Club wasn't technically her club right now, but she had five of those dumb shirts in her closet plus the hoodie and promotional socks from her freshman year.

Back at home.

Joan bit her lip and nervously shook her pompoms while waiting in the line up to run out in front of the school to prepare the students for the basketball season. It was rather strange for her to realize that basketball was what the school was known for because in the 21st century their football team was in the top 5 in Indiana. But she never really kept track of sports. It was terrible, but Joan still had no idea how basketball worked.

"Alright, Tiger Cheer Squad! Let's go out and spread some cheer!" Chrissy smiled pleasantly to the team and the positivity grew like a fungus around them all, turning the sting of her chest into butterflies in her stomach as she raced out into the gym.

She did her flips, handsprings, grins, and waves before her stomach dropped as she was thrown into the air to do some more before the routine came to an end. There was some Sunday school lesson hidden in there about how months of practice leads up to a five minute routine.

Joan followed the girls with a wide smile that was only real while giving a small distinct wave to her brother who returned it with a smile of his own. She winked at Mike teasingly who turned away with a red face and stumbled nearly falling. She giggled evilly in her head at her revenge from when he accidentally walked in on her in the shower a few weeks ago.