33

Eddie flinched as the door to the shed slammed open

Eddie flinched as the door to the shed slammed open. Surprised, he jumped into a fighting stance with his broken bottle ready for action and feet ready to run.

"Put that down, Munson. You've already proved point with me, idiot." Joan rolled her eyes as she entered the crusty shack with a sigh. Eddie let out a huff as he set down the bottle and sat back down against the wall, watching carefully as Joan sat across from him with her back to one of the wooden pillars.

It was definitely awkward between the two teens who boarded friendship and enemies way to often than what was healthy.

But at least the soft waves of water filled the empty cracks versus the disgusting ticks of a clock.

Eddie let out a surprised shriek as his vision was blinded and panicked as he scratched the offending fabric off his face, glaring over at a laughing Joan while holding up his dried t-shirt.

"I-it's not funny!" The metalhead insisted, throwing on the sleeved shirt with a huff and covering it with his vest. "If you only came over here to be a bitch, you can leave."

"Eddie, come on." Joan sighed and shifted the leather jacket off of her shoulders to hand to the DM. He stared at it for a little bit, eyes darting to see her previous shirt on, then back. "It's not poisoned and I promised I don't have cooties. Been with only one guy and you already know who that is."

Neither rough nor gentle, Eddie took back the jacket and stood up to fix his attire in a neutral silence, a limited truce, between the two. "Have you really though?"

"Uh, yeah?" Joan furrowed her eyebrows and frowned. "I think I'd remember another dick."

"Sure." Eddie bit out and stood to leave behind Joan, maybe go back to the main home and take a nap on a bed or couch. But Joan caught his wrist with suspicion on her face.

"What's that supposed to mean, Munson?"

"Look, I of all people don't care about who you sleep with." Eddie took back his wrist, but kept proximity as he leveled on a stare downward towards the eldest Henderson. "But to lie about it just so that I would let my guard down..."

Joan's mouth went slack at the insinuation.

It was a fact that Joan and Eddie had sex in September. The chemistry that kept building around the two was nuclear and only further expedited their coupling through the small period of distaste towards the other, exploding into a passionate moment against each other in the storage closet next to the biology lab.

She had pulled him into the small space as a prank, but after the giggling subsided it was only the right thing to do - to kiss, to touch, to dare she say the L-word?

Joan was more than ready that day to renounce her popularity and date publicly the freak of Hawkins High with a smile on her face. The only problem was the small voice in the back of her head reminding herself that this wasn't her life. Time here was stolen unfairly and spent by her giving in to selfish desires such as Eddie Munson.