39

The woods morphed into an alarming grey with the fiery red sky above and Joan turned around at a sharp yell of pain

The woods morphed into an alarming grey with the fiery red sky above and Joan turned around at a sharp yell of pain. The memory of Agatha-Joan screamed at the sky loudly as if she was in pain, asking for help and demanding the torment of existence to... end.

And then there was a journal in her hands.

Joan backed away trying to hide from the terrible memories that followed from before and after the journal, but Billy and Heather grabbed her by the arms, forcing her to watch every single second with coaxing and false sweetness dripping from their lips like honey.

She wasn't prepared for the past to become her own. Brynnyn - she had forgotten her face - practicing cheers on the Henderson back porch while Joan scribbled away frantically in a worn out notebook.

"God, why can't I get this dumb stunt down?!" Brynnyn bit out in frustration as she messed up once again and nervously felt around at the fabric on her stomach. "Maybe I am gaining..."

The pencil froze mid scribble and Joan looked up in disbelief as her friend examined her figure in the reflection of a window. Never before had the teen given off such insecurity and Joan narrowed her eyes.

"Who told you that?"

Bryn had hesitated at first, but knew it was useless hiding things from her friend. Pausing the music playing on her phone, she clicked it open a few times to show Joan the messages being spammed about her body and worth. The account was anonymous, but not anonymous enough to keep their identity a secret for long.

It was all she needed to jump on her laptop, log in to her account, and wait for one more message, grabbing onto the IP and sneaking into the Powell household with revenge on her mind.

The climbing Joan faded into one with a shaved head and considerably shorter, staring down at a kid below her with crossed arms and eyes narrowed in dissatisfaction.

"Say it again, you little shit!" And the kid below her groaned as he held his stomach, distant yelling for teachers coming in from the background.

"The Wheeler is nothing but a crybaby!" Another kid snapped out from in front of the two, fingers clenched angrily. "Can't do shit without his psychopath body- ah!"

He was tackled by a yelling Joan and the two kids wrestled aggressively, Joan swatting the attempts at pulling her off of the kid. She shouted insults and tumbled around, trading small hits and dominance before the two faded away into a lone Joan with the invisible voices of her parents reprimand for breaking a kids nose.

A familiar scene came into view that had Joan's heart clenching where Brynnyn had just been bullied onto the bleachers for a home game, and Joan carefully folded a paper airplane in the very back while chewing on her gum.