Chapter 34: Headstone

Chapter 28-35 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

------------------

Silas pov

I go into the hallway seeing Valencia standing there. I don't know if she's looked out of her door but something is urging me to talk to her.

"You okay?" I ask, she huffs without saying anything. "Um when you have a chance I just really need to talk to you, I want to tell you everything that happened and just explain." She looks at me with anger flaring in her eyes. I scratch the back on my neck.

"Silas no just leave me alone, I just want to be alone right now. I don't fucking care if you want to explain learn to live with the shit you do. Sucks having to deal with the consequences of our actions right?" She walks away slamming her door shut.

Niovi stands outside her dorm looking at me with pity. "You wanna talk about it?" She asks I shake my head no. "I just have to do something" I go into my dorm getting my hoodie. It's the middle of October but it's not too cold yet.

I go into my car putting the direction in, it's half an hour away. At least it's not raining if it was then it'd take longer. I just have to talk to him. I lower down the windows letting the cool air hit my face. If Valencia found out I was going here she'd kill me.

Parking my car I look at the headstones finding his name.

Eliseo D'Aneglo

He was so young, only 16 and his life got ripped away from him. We take life for granted way too often at any moment it could just be born. I wonder what happens after death? Do we just sit around or are we reborn? Is that why babies cry when they are born?

"What are you doing here?" I turn to see Sante standing behind me. "Talking to your brother, I also wanted to talk to you. Might as well kill two birds with one stone" He sighs sitting next to me. We both look at the grave without saying anything.

"Valencia's going to kill me if she knows i'm talking to you, not just me she'd kill you for coming to seeEliseo"

"I know but I think this is the only way to know i'm sincere"

"What do you mean?"

"I wanted to say sorry. I know she told you both what happened and she won't let me explain."

"Explain" He says clenching his jaw

"She knows I don't have a relationship with my parents, they left me when I was young so I was raised with my grandparents. Every time they came back into my life they'd tell me that I was a burden in their life and that they didn't want me. I grew up with that constant reminder. When I met Valencia I was scared to talk to her and people in general. I had the same small friend group of course with a few exceptions. Anywhere that I went I'd stay quiet and observe for the most part. I liked to stay in my room and just read it was easier. Valencia changed everything she was and is the person I needed.

Everything was fine, it was good, I was happy. I went to my dorm and saw my parents there. They said they were back for me and they wanted me to spend the summer with them. They kept saying they missed me. Eventually they left and I was pissed Valencia had just left for the movies. I knew if I called her she would have come right away. I just wanted to blow off my anger. I had already hit the counter; it just wasn't working. I ended up calling Tatiana. I knew she wouldn't ask me any questions. I never wanted to hurt her, every time I was with Tatiana was when my parents called or I saw them. When she found us I felt sick to my stomach. I never wanted to hurt her. I wanted to explain to her.

I know that it wouldn't change the fact that I hurt her but I wanted her to know I love her. If I could take it back but if I could in a heartbeat I would. I'm so sorry. I know she cried, I know she hates me. She doesn't even have to talk to me. I just want her to know how sorry I am. I came to askEliseo and then you for forgiveness"

I wipe the tears that came down letting out a deep breath. Sante looks at me with an unreadable expression. He doesn't say anything but he looks deep in thought.

"I forgive you, you proved it to me the second you came here just to talk to him. I can see how sorry you are but it's not my choice to forgive you. It's hers butEliseo was never one to hold grudges, he was all about forgiving people and moving on. No matter how many times a person hurt him he always forgave them he always looked for the good in people. I know he's forgiven you, I think you just have to wait for Valencia"

"I know, can you tell me about her?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything"

"She loves hawaiian pizza, she used to make sure we always got half hawaiian when we pizza. She used to love sitting in the backyard withEliseo. He was always reading something to us. She dyed her hair black one time because a guy said he liked girls with black hair, Eliseo threatened to cut her hair off so the rest of the night I helped her get back to her natural color"

"His death affected you guys a lot"

"Yeah it did, we were young and he was our big brother we went to him for everything. Valencia took it the hardest, he was in the middle of us and a car was coming. The driver was drunk and went into our lane so dad swerved the car. We got hit in the backseats I was behind him so all I had was a few cuts from the glass breaking and a sprained ankle, if he didn't throw himself on Valencia this would be her grave. The had glass cutting into her skin the deepest one is on the side of her stomach. Since Eliseo took all the impact he was pronounced dead at the scene. He has internal bleeding, broke all his ribs, there was no saving him. Even if they tried he was brain dead. Valencia blamed herself for it, she kept saying she should have been the one to die, it was coming for her not him. She just started coping with her pain by acting out."

"I don't blame her, if I had a sibling and they died saving me I'd do the same"

"It was rough but I understood where she was coming from. I drowned myself in school instead. It wasn't healthy but it was the only way to get my mind off of it. We all healed from it but we never moved on, I wish you could have met him he would have loved you. I see why Encia fell in love with you, you remind her of him"

"I think that's the nicest compliment anyones given me"

I don't know how long Sante and I stayed talking to Eliseo but it was worth it. I felt some weight get lifted off my shoulder. It feels good to not only know more about Valencia but how she is with her family. I know how close she is to them.

These little things I hope pay off. I just want her to see that I'm trying.

---------------------

This chapter is actually so sad

Q/A~ Do you feel bad for Silas?

1292 words

Don't forget to follow the authors instagram for exclusives

@authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3

~Yaniris0919 <3