Chapter 40: Moscow

Valencia's pov

"She won't stop crying, I don't know what to do," Vadik says, holding his crying daughter. Valeriya screams at the top of her lungs. "Have you fed her?" He sighs, shaking his head no.

He goes back to his room bringing back her bottle and formula. He makes it real quick, handing it to me. I lightly rock her feeding her. She starts to quiet down. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I know I woke you up and it's four in the morning. I just didn't know who else to go to" Vadik says, looking at the floor.

"It's alright, I told you I was going to help you, it's okay this is a part of helping you." I tell him, giving him a small smile. Valeriya is already a month old which means Larissa has been gone for a month. It still doesn't feel real.

Her funeral was held a week after she passed, we all flew to St. Petersburg for it. Watching them bury her was one of the worst days in my life. Vadik was a mess, he couldn't hold it in. It didn't help that Larissa's sister told Vadik to leave the baby there.

Larissa wouldn't have wanted that. Valeriya needs to be with Vadik; they need each other more than ever. She fights to keep her eyes open, I take the bottle away from her patting her back burping her. Once she's done I wipe her mouth, rocking her to sleep.

"Thank you Encia, I really do appreciate it"

"Anytime Vadik" I give Riya back to him, he holds her close thanking me one last time before going back to his dorm. I throw myself on my bed seeing it's already 5 in the morning. I don't care i'm to going to class late if De Santis says something oh fucking well. I wrap myself in my blanket hugging my pillow.

As soon as I close my eyes I hear loud banging at my door. I couldn't even sleep for 5 seconds. "What the fuck do you want" I say seeing Jace standing on the other side of the door. "It's 10 in the morning, you and Vadik missed morning classes. Lovely to see you as well" He says coming inside holding a bag.

I go to the bathroom washing my face, and take a quick shower. I go into my room looking for my uniform "it's out here Encia" Jaces says I huff going into the living room putting on the socks first. I put on my shirt and skirt after. "You should have gotten dressed slower. I was liking the show but I prefer you nude" Jace says I throw a pillow at him he lets out a light laugh.

It's no secret that Jace and I have slept together. We haven't in a while but we do tease each other here and there. "Come on let's go check on Vadik and the baby" I tell him, grabbing my bag. He follows behind, Vadik comes out of the room the same time that we do.

I take Valeriya from him kissing her chest, her big blue eyes looking up at me with a smile. She's growing to look more and more like Larissa everyday. "Sometimes I wonder if you just use me for my kid" Vadik locks his door

"Shut up" He rolls his eyes, Riya rests her head on his chest while I hold the baby bag. We go to the newly implemented 'day-care' system dropping her off. Vadik hates leaving her there but she's with other kids even though they sleep most of the time. He can't bring her to class with him.

If he could trust me he would do it in a heartbeat.

"Awe look who finally decided to show up" Niovi says when we walk into our block classes. I Jace sit's across the room next to one of his friends. I sit next to Silas having Vadik sit with the empty chair next to him. He puts his bag on it without saying anything.

Larissa is the one who always sat next to him. After they made it official her spot was next to him now we always leave a chair empty for her. "I want to go back to sleep" I groaned while taking out my laptop.

"We have one more class after this, then you can sleep all you want," Khnos says, pulling Emira to his lap. I roll my eyes not paying him any mind. They help Vadik with the baby when he's around. They'll hold her or try to make her laugh when she's awake but as soon as she starts crying they hand her right back off.

I know it seems normal to give a crying baby back to their parents but he's suffering and I don't think they see that. Riya's birth was probably the best and worst day of his life. I don't know how he did it but he got Larissa's death date pushed back to the day after Riya's birthdate. He said she shouldn't cry on her birthday because her mother passed.

These next two classes are hell, I don't know what the hell was going on. I was zoned out half of the time. "She took a nap but she didn't want to drink her bottle" The daycare lady tells Vadik handing him his baby girl. "Thank you" He responds before walking away.

We go upstairs to his dorm Orion is searching through his fridge for food. "I'm hungry you guys down to go off campus to get some food?" Vadik is the first to turn him down. Everyone else agrees already walking out the door.

"You coming petal?" Silas asks I shake my head no. "i'm going to stay and help Vadik he still hasn't finished his work so i'm going to watch the baby"

"It'll only be a little while. Come on petal"

"Maybe next time" He doesn't argue with me, he closes the door on his way out. Riya drinks her bottle like nothing as soon as Vadik gives it to her. "She only likes when certain people feed her" He gives me a tight smile.

"I'm going back home to Moscow" I look at him with wide eyes.

"Why?"

"It's just a lot between school and taking care of Riya. My mom can watch her throughout the day while i'm at work"

"The same mother who kicked you out and shipped you off to boarding school when you were 13. Vadik you don't need to go back to Russia you can stay here. I'm helping you, Jace helps you, you aren't alone"

"I can't ask you to give up your life for Valeryia, you should be able to go out and not have to worry about a baby crying"

"I promised you and Larissa I'd be there for her no matter what. You both named me her god-mother. I don't need to go out and do unreasonable shit. I can stay here and watch Riya for a little, you just lost Larissa it's only been a month"

"It just feels like it's all too much, I don't know how to do it. I can't grieve because then I see Riya and see my world"

"Vadik don't go to Moscow, I know it's hard but you are so close to the finish line. We have a few months left. You are not alone and you won't do this alone. You are allowed to be upset and angry, Riya is right here and she is what you have of Larissa. It is okay to not be okay"

"I just wish everyone understood"

"You don't need everyone to understand, bad things happen to the strongest people. I'm here for you Vadik don't forget i'll keep saying it till it's engraved in your head" He hugs me tightly I hug him back. He lets out a deep breath nodding. "Thank you Enica"

"Anytime Vadik"

---------------------

Valencia and Vadik is so underrated friendship wise

Q/A~ what do you think is going to happen?

1325 words

Don't forget to follow the authors instagram for exclusives

@authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3

~Yaniris0919 <3