Chapter 46: A Mistake

Valencia's pov

I go into Vadiks room sitting next to him on the couch. "I'm going to start locking my door throughout the day instead of just at night" He says I roll my eyes hitting his arm. "You love me too much to do that" He shakes his head smiling.

"I thought you'd be with Silas today."

"Me too, I called him and he said he was busy" Vadik sighs giving me a look of pity "So how are things with you and Aleksandra?" I ask Vadik, trying to change the topic. I take Riya from him, she smiles. She's so small but looks so much like Larissa already. "We're just friends, Encia. You know that" He says with so much emotion in his voice.

They went on a 'friend date' last night so Silas and I watched her. When he came back his face was red but he was smiling ear to ear. I hadn't seen him that happy with someone since Larissia. She's been gone for three months.

He takes Riya from me looking at her with love. Larissa and him didn't have enough time together but Riya will always know how much her father loved her mother.

"Vadik it's okay she's gone, she'd want you to be happy"

"Riya is the only part of her I have left"

"You still have all the memories, you have riya. You guys loved each other that will never go away. It is okay for you to move on. She knows you will never forget her

"Anika would literally kill me, she's trying to take Valeriya away from me. She keeps saying I have no experience being a dad that she's raised kids and she just had a newborn that she'll handle it and raise Valeriya as her own. I don't want that Encia, I don't care that Larrissa was her sister. I want to raise my daughter even if I don't know what i'm doing"

"Raise her Vadik, keep her and learn on the way. No one knows how to become a parent overnight. It takes time. We're all here to help you, just because Larissa is gone doesn't mean you have to fade away with her. Your young Vadik. You're not even 24 yet you still have a few months. You almost finished school and got your degree. You fought for Valeriya to stay here on campus with you. You're doing an amazing job. She already lost her mother and you made sure she didn't lose her father either"

"I don't know how to move on, I don't want to move on. It's too soon even then I can't picture myself with anyone else other than Larissa. She was and still is my everything. I think it'll just be me and Riya for a while"

"Time will tell, no matter what you do it will always be you and Riya remember that. No matter how many people you date after Riya will always be here, so will your love for Larissa. Vadik that will never change. Now I have something for you, don't be mad."

"Depends on what it is?"

"Larrisa told me two weeks before she gave birth that she was scared. She said her mom almost died giving birth to her and she doesn't know if the same will happen while she's giving birth. She wrote this letter to give to you in case anything happened to her. She made me promise to help you move on and to give you this when you needed it the most. I think this is that time, I'm not telling you to move onto date someone else. I'm telling you she wants you to be happy and that she will always love you. "

I hand him the letter and he looks at it in disbelief. I've never read the letter. I didn't want to invade her privacy or disobey her trust. I do know whatever is in that letter is important. "I'll come back tomorrow" He doesn't say anything. I close the door to his dorm letting out a deep breath.

I know he'll probably be upset but I promised her. I couldn't break that it's one of the last things she asked me to do for her. "You alright petal? You look a little pale" Silas says standing outside his dorm. "Yeah I just had to give something to Vadik" He scratches the back of his head.

"Everyone else in here , you wanna come?" I hear laughter erupt from the room. I feel my stomach sink but I hold it in. "Come on petal I missed you and when they leave I can finally fuck this beautiful body" He tries to kiss my lips but I push him away.

"You said you were busy, guess what now so am I" He sighs pulling me closer to him. He rested his head on my forehead kissing the tip of my nose. "I'm sorry alright, I was busy but then they came and I didn't want to tell them no"

"But you could tell me no? Silas i'm not in the mood"

"Come on petal don't be like that I said i'm sorry"

"Yeah you sure have been saying that a lot lately" I get out of his hold going to my room locking the door. I blink back the tears I have in my eyes letting out a deep breath. I shouldn't feel offended at the end of the day. They've been friends longer than I'll ever be with Silas. I just can't help thinking to myself.

Did I make a mistake getting back with Silas?

---------------------

Valencia is me overthinking

Q/A~ do you think she made a mistake ?

969 words

Don't forget to follow the authors instagram for exclusives

@authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3

~Yaniris0919 <3