Chapter 31: Yelling At Me

Chapter 28-35 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

------------------

Silas pov

I feel like almost every time I'm in nonno's office he's yelling at me.

Not today though at least not yet. I skipped a test I had and when he came and asked me why I told him I didn't feel like taking it. That response got me a week's worth of working with him and not on anything fun. I'm stuck helping him with paperwork for the school while he works on paperwork for the warehouse to send in. I still had to take the stupid test.

"Silas you're supposed to be working not staring at the wall" He says taking me out of my trance. He hands me another stack of paper I huff in annoyance. "These are people who have requested their dorm to be changed. Read the reason and determine if they should or shouldn't. I'll look at it when you're done" I nod looking at all the requests.

These are all stupid reasons, I want to be closer to my boyfriend/ girlfriend. My friends and I aren't in the same hall. Some are reasonable like the dorm is an elementary and they are in middle school, their roommate is staying up late hours drunk, and you and the dorm floor attendant are clashing.

My dorm has been the same since I came here. Then again I don't have a roommate and my dorm is considered a suite since it was a kitchen and living area. "Silas focus" Nonno probably thinks i'm going crazy. I look at the next file opening and my heart drops.

Valencia requested her dorm change

"What are you looking at?" Nonno takes the papers from me, he looks at it sighing. "She bought it yesterday, she said if she couldn't change her classes she'll change her dorm." I bite the inside of my cheek nodding.

"Were you going to approve it?"

"I was thinking about it, i'd have to move around some people if I did most likely Tatiana would end up taking her room"

"Shit i'd request my dorm to be changed if that happened"

"I won't approve it now, but if she comes back to me with another request to change her dorm or asking what's taking so long I am going to approve it. My goal isn't to make you suffer Silas you're already letting guilt eat you alive, my goal is to make sure everyone is comfortable where they are at. You can go and you can finish this tomorrow." I grab my bookbag going out of his office seeing Nonna coming in. "hey nonna" She smiles at me going inside.

Instead of going into my dorm I go downstairs to the kitchen/lounge area. I use it to study sometimes because most people don't. It's usually really quiet so it's the best thing to use. In my dorm I get distracted easily here I find myself more productive.

I go inside seeing no one in the kitchen, going into the long tables I see Valencia annotating her textbook writing down notes in the far corner. I take a mineral water and sit at the other end of the island giving her space. In the corner of my eye I see her look up at me before she looks back down at her textbook.

Maybe i'll finally be able to finish my book, just her being here is bringing me comfort. I take it out, putting my headphones in and putting my music on low. I start on my book hoping I'll actually get done with it.

Two and a half hours later I finally finished the book. I've been reading it for months already, and Valencia's comfort was the main reason. I put it away in my bag grabbing all my things to go upstairs. Valencia already made her way to the elevator. I picked up her id card from the floor going that way.

I see her waiting for it with all her things in her hand still. "You dropped your id card" I handed it to her. She takes it and puts it inside her textbook. "Thank you Silas" I nod letting her get out of the elevator first. I follow behind her going into the hall. I take out my keys and she already has her's in her door.

"Good night Silas" I look back at her with a small smile on my face.

"Good night Valencia" I go inside , locking the door feeling a breath of relief. It may not be the best but it's the start of something. I should just let time do its thing.

---------------------

Silas jus never learns

Q/A~ Fav character so far?

766 words

Don't forget to follow the authors instagram for exclusives

@authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3

~Yaniris0919 <3