Chapter 49: Graduation

Valencia's pov

I zip up the gown looking at myself in the mirror. I let out a deep breath sitting down on the bed grabbing the picture of Eleiso. "I did it, I hope your proud of me" I put the picture down

"Hurry up Encia" Mom yells from downstairs, I grab my phone and meet them outside. I sit in the passenger's seat Sante driving with mom and dad in the back. He lowers the windows a little enough for us to get air but not have our hair in our face. "Sante this isn't the way to High Point" I tell him he rolls his eyes.

"I know" He pulls into the cemetery, "You know he'd want to see you" A small smile comes to my face. I get out of the car walking to Elesio's grave.

"Hi Elesio, I did it. I know this isn't the way you wanted to see me graduate but it's better than nothing. I love you" I look at his grave with a sad smile on my face. I stand up going back to the car letting out a deep breath. Sante hands me a napkin I clean around my eyes trying to not have my mascara spread.

The rest of the drive to school is in a comfortable silence. "Are you ready to officially have your degree?" Sante says "I have no choice but to be ready" Sante smiles.

"We'll go take out seats" He says mom and dad follow behind him going inside to sit. I feel a pair of hands go to my waist. I turn seeing Silas. I peck his lips and he groans, deepening it. "Don't be cheap with me petal" I roll my eyes and he kisses my cheeks.

"Alright everyone let's get in proper order just like we practiced" One of the professors shouts, "It works out Silas and I sit right next to each other. He stands behind me with his cap in his hand. "Do you need help putting it on?" I ask as he nods, handing it to me.

He bends down letting me put it on his head. "There you go" He smiles thanking me and the music starts telling us to start walking in. I hated my high school graduation. It didn't mean anything. It was just another paper.

This feels good, it feels right. It doesn't just feel like a piece of paper anymore it's something I didn't think I could have done but did it. "Don't trip petals, I'll laugh then help you up" Silas whispers I roll my eyes going down the row sitting in my chair.

"Shut up" He smiles, taking my hand kissing my knuckles. De Santis starts thanking our parents and the typical things any principal would say at a graduation. The valedictorian comes up to stage and says their speech, so does the salutatorian.

Everyone and their speeches are just so long, after what feels like eternity they start calling our names. "This is it petal" I don't like feeling nervous and this made me extremely nervous.

"Valencia D'Angelo"

I hear the cheers from my parents and my friends. I take the diploma seeing my name written in cursive. This is it, this is everything I've been working for. The past two years through the emotional ride all for this recognition.

"We did it petal, we fucking did it" Silas says kissing me when he get's off of stage. "We did it loverboy" He smiles when I tell him that.

"God how I missed you calling me that" He brings me to his side and we take our seats again letting the last few people get their diplomas. After they do, De Santis has us standing ready to finalize our graduation.

"Moving your tassel from the right to the left I hear by pronounce you graduates"

Silas takes me in his arms placing a sweet kiss on my lips. The biggest smile comes to my face, his arms around me as we take one last walk out of the auditorium. I go over to Vadik who holds Valeriya in his arms. "Hi baby" I take her from him kissing her cheek she laughs her arms reaching back out to go to her father.

"It doesn't feel real" He says and I agree with him. It doesn't' it still feels like it'll all go back to normal tomorrow when it's far from that. "It's weird" Jace says coming over.

"It is but it's finally over"

"Looks like Silas can't get off of you he's calling you over" Jace says I turn looking at him waving his hands to go that way. Once I'm in arms reach he pulls me to his chest. Silas takes my hand I rest my head on his shoulder I feel something on it.

"Say yes" He tells me I look at him weird looking down at my hand. "Marry me Valencia I need you to be mine forever" I wrap my arms around his neck smiling ear to ear.

"Forever's a long time, are you sure you're ready?"

"With you? Always"

He smiles, our lips connecting and he holds me closer to his body. My heart pounds out of my chest I bury my face in the crook of his neck letting him just hold me.

Forever with Silas is the forever I needed.

---------------------

They're getting married!!!!

Q/A~ ready for a wedding ?

924 words

Don't forget to follow the authors instagram for exclusives

@authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3

~Yaniris0919 <3